Let's All Grab A Random Book!

So here is the deal. You'll be picking up any random book around you. Turn to page 173 (or the close page you have to that). Go to the 3rd paragraph. Find the 4th line (or the closest one to that) of the 3rd paragraph. What is the sentence that line is part of?

Here is what mine is:

Book- The Song by Jean Johnson

The Sentence: For all 'I" care, the lot of you can go hang yourself from a tree until you turn into Mendhi monkeys, but Council and King would have a conniption fit . . . which is why I didn't report the presence of that woman.

Now, Go for it! Let see what weird and cool sentences we get and have some fun :D

74

Most Helpful Guy

• Book- An Essay Concerning Human Understanding by Locke

Sentence: I imagine that men who abstract their thoughts, and do well examine the ideas of their own minds, cannot much differ in thinking; however they may perplex themselves with words, according to the way of speaking to the several schools or sects they have been bred up in: though amongst unthinking men, who examine not scrupulously and carefully their own ideas, and strip them not from the marks men use for them, but confound them with words, there must be endless dispute, wrangling, and jargon; especially if they be learned, bookish men, devoted to some sect, and accustomed to the language of it, and have learned to talk after others.

That's probably the longest sentence in the entire book.

What Guys Said 3

• Book- Understanding Power: The Indispensable Chomsky

The Sentence: In the 1980's, India had a very fast growth rate, but it also adopted extremely bad fiscal policies which got them deeply debt--and the debt crisis led them into accepting structural adjustment "reforms," as throught the Third World.ou

• mine is MICRO-PROCESSOR 8086...

"once master reads data IBFa goes low.Now slaves places next data"

now ,dont tell me that's boring... I already know that!

• book- electrical essentials for powerline workers

When the lineman grabbed the winch in one hand and the conductor in the other hand he shouted and seemed to be frozen onto the winch cable and conductor.

What Girls Said 7

• The Perks of being a Wallflower (I should really stop reading this over and over) by Stephen Chobsky.

His "cumberbunn" (I don't know how to spell this) matched my sister's dress, which was powder blue and low cut.

Congratulations - I think we successfully, and randomly found the most bring sentence in the entire book.

• Book- The Summer King by O.R Melling

Sentence: "I will not be thrashed by a girl again. I'll let you up when you calm down."

'Sigh', I wish a black haired, blue-eyed Irish faerie king would fall for me. =P

• This is a good idea

Book-The Burn Journals by Brent Runyon

Sentence: "God, I thought she was going to pull the screws right out of his forehead."

Hmmm, interesting haha

• Book- Molly Moon's incredible book of hypnotism.

Sentence- She sang out of tune, no one noticed.

Boring XD

• Book-Wake

The sentence-says,way to fast," I was wrong Edward, You were right, I'm sorry, I love you son."

emotional sentence ...?

• Mine is The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

"you told me that the two of you left the inn and sat on a bench by the old Methodist church, and that he held your hand, even as you explained that you must stay."

• fun idea

book - 3 cups of tea

the sentence -

Over Khan's shoulder Mortenson saw hundreds of big, breaded Wazir, dancing around bonfires, shooting their weapons in the air

• Love this book. By old university chose it as it's defining book last year.