I despretely want to break up after 20 years, he refuses to leave, how can I make him see its over between us?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• FIrst of all what's the problem to break up right away?
    And at second: isn't it too late? Who are you goin to live with? Cats?

0|0
    0|0
    • I dont need a man to survive

• Show All
    • So me being without him will prevent my kids from even possibly making it to a fancy college... i think if i stay in a toxic relationship will and could cause damage to my kids mentally and/or emotionally... besides whatever educational avenue my kids take ill always be proud of them and will always back them 100%

• How about a 50000$ a year education avenue? Support it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm completely assuming here but where you're living together at the minute, you own it? You need to both sit down and talk about it and you need to hear each other out. 20 years is a very long time to just turn and say to go so has it been brewing for a while or is this a recent thing? Either way, you need to be clear with him and listen to his side of it too. If you've simply just fallen out of love for what ever reason, he needs to know why; it's the least you both deserve.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• That's not something that will be done and over, twenty years... he's probably very unstable and emotionally distraught after hearing the news from you. The best way to really show that it's over is to get away, don't be close to him. Hopefully the guy deserved it because if I was in the same shoes after 20 years I'd be destroyed.

0|1
    0|0
  • If your the one who wants to break up, why is he the one who has to leave?

0|1
    1|0
  • Just tell him, you need to a have a big talk with him. Sorry to hear about this.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's very bad decisions

0|0
    1|0
  • Why is it over?

0|0
    0|0
    • After our 3rd kid things changed he began being distant would always put me down telling me no man would ever want me if i left him, he was my first everything kid #4, always push me away, said he wanted alone time, we only had sex when he wanted went hto work came home and would deny me any affection, sex became stale and bad, after #4 baby was born he would demand i find a job came home said i had no choice that there

• Show All
    • I agree completely but it dont help when my family says your never gonna leave him you two are Destin for each other or how afe you just gonna start all over, what about the kids... they get mad when they see how unhappy i am but are 2 faced and tell him everything i confide in them

• He swears to ruin me and make sure i never see my kids... he thinks because he's not physically abusive i should be thanking my lucky stars

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes