Would you consider me a doormat or a good girlfriend?

Helped my boyfriend when he lost everything,
Encouraged him to get clean from drugs,
Defended him when everybody found his lies,
He left me several times saying he couldn't be in a relationship,
Lied to me about everything,
Manipulated me and said it was because of drugs,
When we back together I tried to please him, played video games with him, sex all the time, cleaned the house, massaged him before bed so he could sleep better...
He broke up with me again saying he can't be in a relationship due to his problems... I said I understood and thanked him for the good times. Do I look stupid for doing this?
Do you think he doesn't respect me? One of the last things he said was that he appreciates me

513

Most Helpful Guy

• I disagree with sabretooth that you ARE a doormat. You were at times, but you tried to save him. IF you were to have anything more to do with him NOW, you'd be a stupid fool, and a doormat, or whatever bad term you want to use. Get far away from him. He has to save himself now.

• I cut all contact

• Wise choice. It's not a bad thing to hang in there for someone, and love them, but he's not doing his share and he would drag you down. I bet you'll find someone really good for you in no time at all.

• i never said are

Most Helpful Girl

• A real man wouldn't treat you this way. You are not wrong for wanting to do nice things, and be there for someone you love. That is what parters should do for one another. However, you knew this man and who he is as a person and probably knew that he was not capable of making you feel appreciated, and being a good boyfriend. In no way is it your fault for being there for him, as long as you now realize that he wasn't the right person to be there for. He didn't deserve it. And you will find someone who not only deserves it but reciprocates it! Im sorry you were manipulated and used, I've been there, and it sucks. But now we know what we deserve, and need from a partner! This man doesn't respect you, he respects everything you did for him, and is only appreciative of that supply that you gave him. You seem like a kind soul, and you deserve more. Move on and be stronger because of it!