Why do some people just never get over their ex?

I have seen so many posts on fb or even here where people ask how to make their ex jealous, or how to take revenge on their ex bf/gf. This happens in real life too (at least around me). in my opinion, they still have feeling for their ex or else they won't be wasting their time trying to get their ex's attention. I told this to some of them but they are in denial. I think they are ashamed to admit that they can't forget their ex.

819

Most Helpful Guy

• When a relationship is really good (or seems really good to one side! But ends badly and the other treats them like shit afterwards it could hae really negative impacts. It's basically going from an emotional high all the way to an emotional low, plus the feeling of injustice from being treated like crap doesn't help. Usually when people feel wronged they want revenge. It's normal nature but all that does is hurt themselves in the end.

Thos einexperienced with dating take it the hardest mainly because they're the most naive and innocent. They still believe in true love the one, so they get this emotional high and attachment easier and stronger than someone who's a bit more experienced with dating. Those who are more experienced with dating and break ups also know how to handle it better though there are times when they want to make the other hurt just as bad as them.

Part of this wanting the other person to hurt just as bad as them comes from bad closure usually. If they can hurt the other they can prove to themselves that the other person cared and it's them who are moving on (at least in their heads. Though if they're doing this it's not true).

On top of this love is like a drug and being ripped away from that drug causes withdrawls. Sadness, depression, anger, etc is part of that. It can also drive a person crazy. Though when someone truly is in love with a person and that bond breaks it's not the easiest thing for some people to over come especially if they don't have good close friends or a strong social circle.

Though I do agree some of them are in denial and ashamed to admit they can't forget their ex and afraid to get help.

Most Helpful Girl

• I’ve never posted on social media about an ex that sounds incredibly desperate and not a good look.. and I’ve never met anyone who wants to actually make their ex jealous or get revenge either.. I’ve posted anonymous questions on gag about what o could say to an ex to change their mind or what to say or something like that but that’s about it. But to answer you question. It’s extremly hard to get over an ex especially if they are the one who broke up with YOU. Because they ended something you didn’t want to end and weren’t ready to end. And your feelings are still there. But it wasn’t your choice

• Your post is reasonable. I'm taking about some people who intend to hurt their ex or plan to teach their ex a 'lesson' These are kind of extreme to me.