Should I end the break and contact my ex?

- We were in LDR and he broke up with me almost a month ago. Because I argued with him too much.
- We tried to be friends but it only caused a lot and lot of arguments.
- So I have taken a of break from him- work on myself and to establish friendship again with him when I'm ready.

The thing is, I am missing him since past few days. And I have urge to contact him. But at same time, I feel like I am still not ready to do it- because I have to work on myself a lot and hence need time for it.

What should I do?

We want to be friends because we were pretty good friends before we did this LDR thing.

Should I just contact him?

I'm not sure of myself. Because what if I contact him and arguments happen again? I'm sure that we will just break apart forever if it happens.

Updates:
We intend to be only friends after this by the way.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't contact him. If you don't respect the break, you'll be giving into the same impulsive shit that destroyed your relationship in the first place.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I took the break by the way. He was okay with being friends, minus frequent arguments

Most Helpful Girl

• You'll only be able to be friends with him when you're completely over him in a romantic way.. like when he could tell you he's getting married and you'd genuinely be happy for him. Till you each that stage emotionally don't try to be friends.. It will hurt you too much and make things worse

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• My ex used to start a lot of auguements for essentially no reason and we are friends now. Luckily for her husband she has recently realizes that she does it

1|0
    0|0
  • Just contact him and don't argue. An argument can't happen because of one person, it's always two-sided. There is never one person guilty during an argument.

1|0
    0|0
  • *intend to be friends

I wish you the best. Contact him when you're ready. He's probably already used to women's bs, so there no hurry.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't contact. Establish yourself and focus on your career, you tired so don't now. You have self-respect. If he wants you he'll contact you

1|0
    0|0
    • Both can be friends but going back to ex doesn't usually end well

• I would not contact or go back to him at all. I would just move on.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 12

• I would leave it go. You said you still have to work on yourself, why bring him back into the fray. It sounds like you can't communicate without arguing. Did you two argue before you became romantically involved? Why would you want to put yourself or him through all that turmoil. Once you go into a romantic relationship and it goes sour it's nearly impossible to be friends.

1|0
    0|0
  • I hear you and emphasize with what you say
    You mentioned ; “I feel like I am still not ready to do it- because I have to work on myself a lot and hence need time for it”

Waiting a bit longer couldn’t make things worse and the fact that you both were friends before hand is good. Real friends you can pick up where you left of and still have the affinity there just the same. Contact when you’re ready fully whole completely when you are willing to accept anything that could happen from it.

1|0
    0|0
  • You know it's best to wait. So wait. Wait till you're fully healed however big the urge to contact him gets (it's the worst, been there) but getting back in contact with him will cause you to have to start your healing process all over again

1|0
    0|0
  • if you feel you aren't ready then don't do it just yet. because if you just jump in now and contact him another argument may start. just work on yourself for awhile then contact him. things may be better after that.

1|0
    0|0
  • If it only leads to arguments then just leave it, there’s no point trying to fix something that’s unfixable.

1|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes