Agreed to meet a girl today, everything went wrong. Give her a second chance?

So I met this Chinese girl on Monday and we really hit it off, got along great, showing signs (hair twirling, rubbing her legs against mine, etc.) and she even initiated contact with me on Facebook before I even planned to call her.

We agreed to meet this Friday. She wants to bring a friend, I'm okay as she's new to the US, we just met, and she's probably nervous. The day comes and she texts saying she'll be ten minutes late. Fifteen minutes later, he and her friend come with a third friend in tow, who they met accidentally and this friend insisted on coming. We sit outside on campus and this friend waves for every Chinese she sees to come over.

Soon we have five or six Chinese and me, and they're all speaking Chinese and ignoring me. I try to say hi, they just say their name, a couple pity sentences, and back to ignoring me. The main girl KNOWS I don't speak Chinese, but stays quiet though she occasionally talks to and laughs with her friends. She whispers to me "We'll talk when they leave."

They leave after 30 minutes and I'm in no mood to talk, feeling upset, left out, stupid, and mad, even at her for not saying more. She mostly talks to her friend (the only one who was supposed to come) in a low voice with occasional awkward convo with a visibly displeased me. After 10 minutes, the friends come back and invite them out somewhere. Her friend accepts and the main girl herself looks at me and says in a low, obviously unhappy and upset voice "Maybe we can schedule another time." I say "Maybe" and that's it. She says "I'm so sorry" and I say "I'm sorry for bothering you and your friends" and leave.

She later texts me saying she's really sorry, a lot happened today, and she didn't want this to happen. I am genuinely upset and angry so I'm cooling down now. What do I do?

60

Most Helpful Girl

• If you like her, then go out with her again. Suggest that it be just the two of you and hang out somewhere where tons of people she knows won't be randomly walking by. She'll probably feel more comfortable hanging out with you alone now that you've already hung out once, and you'll be able to get to know her better one on one. If it ends up being another bad date, have you really lost all that much? On the other hand, there's always the chance that it might be a good date.

But if you don't think it's worth it, then don't go out with her again.

What Girls Said 5

• That sucks! So not cool I hang out with some Vietnamese at school some times and it's so weird when they all start talking in their native language, but my friend who hangs out with them tells me what they are talking about and it is still awkward. I say you give it another chance if it doesn't work out then just forget about it, hopefully nothing like that happens again.

• The fact that she apologized means that she really didn't mean for things to turn out that way. Give her another chance

• give her one chance

If something liek that happens again

cut it

• Give her a chance and the opportunity to apologize more to you.

You can tell her she can make it up to you by taking you out on another date, friend-free.

Good luck.

• one more chance can't hurt, just let her know you wanna be alone with her this time and get to know her

What Guys Said 0