Have you ever broken up with a long term relationship? Having second thoughts about something I know I must stick to?

Hi, I'm a 25 year old girl that up until recently was in a relationship with a guy for over 3 years. I didn't feel like I was in love any more. I did not feel like I was lucky to have him & so I decided it was best to end things then settle for anything less then real love.

Reasons that lead up to this? He had anger issues that often resulted in him breaking up with me when we fought (only to apologize later).. he wad a tad paranoid and I never fully felt like I was trusted. I didn't feel like we had the great communication that we should have had after 3 years. I wasn't able to express myself and often found myself hiding certain things that he might take the wrong way.

Although I know it was right to end it, it still hurts. I felt like a big part of my life for 3 years has just disappeared and one day I woke up with a completely different life.

Any similar stories? Does it get better? I don't want to feel regret forever.
1
0