Finally broke it off after 5 years! But why do I feel guilty for protecting my own heart?

So I broke up with my girlfriend last night. Never slept one bit. I went through an emotional rollercoaster and even my entire body was shaking as a result of the guilt I was feeling but I don't understand why?

This relationship and everything else that happened around me cost me my health = cancer. You never come out the same after you finish your treatment.

Yesterday when my ex girlfriend told my mom she will no longer be around, my mom looked at me in disbelief and utter disappointment. Though she knows certain details about what went on in my relationship it looked like she took my ex gf's side knowing that this relationship was partly an accelerator to my now existing condition. This morning before I left to work my mother said she had a dream about me, the same day that I broke it off with my girlfriend. A very sad one. But she never told me until this morning. I never asked her what it was about but I really dont understand anything yet.

Do I ask what the dream was about or what happened in it?
1
0