So I was dumped for a silly reason. Should I fight back?

She dumped me because I don't fit into the description that some psychology profiler told her what her ideal mate should be. Up until then, things were just peachy.

So I found myself, for the first time in years, trying to act interesting and suave again in front of a total stranger of the opposite sex. It is ridiculous!

And then I was thinking, none of the ladies out there, so far, are half as good and compatible with me than the girl that dumped me last time. So I wonder if I should fight my way back or keep my "dignity - whatever that means" and move on and maybe settle a bit or be a hermit.

How do you decide when to fight back and when to give up?

36

Most Helpful Girl

• hahaha this chick sounds crazy! I m no where perfect either but I don't go to the stars and glass balls to tell me who the hell I should date so I don't see why it would bother you. I mean the breakup is never easy, I just lost an immature child of a boyfriend. I don't miss him I miss what we had. so hang in there and don't let it get you. the right person will come along. :)

What Girls Said 2

• Either she is using that as an excuse to get rid of you, or she's mental.

Why would you want someone who is so...wacky?

• YESSSS !

• Would you be so kind to elaborate on your answer? I am too thick to understand it, I am afraid..........

What Guys Said 6

• Moving on is the best way. Don't chase, replace. Some women are this way and it's rediculous. Let me guess, you wer good to her, treated her right, gave her what she was "looking for", and was the guy that was borderline perfect... STOP looking for "love". Some people say opposites attract and some say you have to have things in common. It's all bull crap! Become what women really want, a jerk. Be the opposite of what they say they want, trust me it works just look around. Move on from this so called woman and don't look back.

• If they dump you they dump you. Move on! Plenty of good women out there. It will be unattractive to her if you are trying to get back. If she is interested an you ignorE her, she will contact you

• Do you really want to be with someone who takes advice off a psychological profiler. Sounds like this girls has no soul or is already dead brother. You don't want to go acting and being suave in front of chicks anyway. You'd have to keep that up for the rest of your life, just be yourself. If you turn dating into a game you're gonna loose man. They'll fall for someone else then when the real you comes out they'll dump you cos your not who they thought. take it easy

• Don't trip... this chick dumps you.. just a part of life... I say tell her 'thanks'... because she obviously dnt have what it takes to be in a real relationship, if her leaving is based on some word from shrink...

• Something tells me you have not being in enough relationships to know something better is just around the corner.

• No... no don't fight back.

Do you want to be with someone naive enough to put the advice of some psychologist before what her (sorry to sound cliché and lame) heart tells her?

In other words, do you really want to be with an... idiot?

All I can say is you're a much more understand guy than I am for even considering it. So props to you. But that's beyond stupid of her :/