Is it common to keep in contact with your ex after so long?

We broke up almost 2 years ago & he still likes talking to me & recently said he missed me when we Over Christmas and January he wanted to go for a drink, but I said no. Twice this week he's text me asking how my week or day has been, using the snow as an excuse to talk. Could he just miss my friendship? When he was a bit tipsy on New years eve he said he wishes I was there to cuddle.

We never argue and broke up because he is too immature for a relationship and likes to be by himself. We saw each other 5 times a few months after we broke up & we did sleep together, but the last time we didn't and that was in August. He said he hadn't slept with another girl even though I told him I'd been with another guy. He doesn't even see anyone, he just likes his space.

If I was seeing someone I know he is a jealous person, but is it possible he still has feelings or just wants to be friends?
3
1