I ended things with my friends with benefits via text, he didn’t react to it? What’s he thinking?

I’ve been sleeping with this guy for almost a year. There was a phase when both of us had feelings for each other but we both pulled away since I was going to another country for work. After I came back to England, he was very keen to see me in the beginning but quickly turned flaky. I gave him an ultimatum on it and he came back telling me he was seeing someone else during the time. I forgave him and requested him to tell me as soon as he starts to see someone else, he agreed and ever since we got back together, he hadn’t been flaky at all.

However the exact same thing happened a few days ago, he flaked on me again. This time I knew that he was just drunk and fell asleep so he didn’t contact me in the end but he didn’t even bother to explain or apologise after it happened. I kept waiting for him, texting, calling him and worried about him like an idiot. I got very angry and the next day I just ended things with him directly via text. In the text, I told him to come collect his watch left at my place before I throw it away because I’m not seeing him anymore. He hasn’t reacted to it yet.

Does it take time for someone in a casual relationship to react to a break up message? I’m quite sure that he doesn’t love me, so why is it hard to react immediately? What is he possibly thinking?

I just want things to end as soon as possible because there are too many signs saying that he doesn’t show enough respect to me and just thinking about his own needs and convenience. I want him to collect his watch ASAP before I end up changing my mind so that I won’t ever see him again.

1
1