Help please! My "ex" and I are in this situation, what should I think of this?

Before you guys tell me "it's over, move on" or "it doesn't matter, you need to get over things and not go back to him", I mainly just am confused about this situation and want some opinions.
I posted a few days ago about this but I did not go into detail. Basically, my long term boyfriend broke up with me 5 days ago due to the fact that he couldn't handle being with me anymore because of my depression and terrible mood swings. He really loved me but my depression was making him extremely unhappy and unhealthy so he had to breakup with me. After he broke up with me, I begged him not to leave me. The next day, I realized it was dumb of me to beg him to stay so I texted him telling him to ignore what I said and that I accept the breakup, except he told me that he wanted to do this one week rule. We came up with this rule a long time ago where we both agreed to give each other a week of time/space if we were to "breakup" to reflect on that decision. Then either go through with it at the end of that week or stay together. He really seemed like he wanted to breakup that day. He said I was way too negative to be around. He even gave me back the watch I gave to him for our anniversary. Today is day 5 and we have 2 more days left of "the week" before we talk about our feelings on breaking up or not. We have not been in contact but I couldn't handle not knowing anymore so I told him that we should just end things today because 2 more days wouldn't change anything. This was his response (the picture I posted):
My question is, why is he insisting on waiting another 2 days? If he really wanted to breakup, then he would have just cut it off today when I told him we could right? But if he wanted to be together, he would have already told me and we wouldn't still be doing this. He said "we're not officially separated yet". He said "yet" so does that give away his final decision? If he already made up his mind then why are we still waiting til the end of the week?
11
1