Why is he immature? Should I change him?

Thus guy you like is very immature and even though we are the same age I feel like I'm a million years older than him .. I told him how much I hate it but yet he doesn't fix it... Should I stick around and make him grow up or just move on to someone who is as mature as me?

• Change
  • Move on

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Hunny, you can't change him! He has to change himself. If he *wants* to continue acting like an immature little clown, then that's his decision. But it's yours if you want move on to an even better guy. Maybe someone with much more maturity and intelligence(:

Yes, some girls think they can change a guy into being the type of man SHE deserves but that's not true, sweetheart. Only HE can change himself and it looks like that's not going to happen anytime soon. Please move on.

What Guys Said 3

• Girls LOVE to be so egotistical thinking that they can change a guy. It's a female fantasy of "taming the wild stallion" perpetuated especially in American culture.

No, you can't change him. Maturity cannot be forced on someone. Move on.

• b you can't change someone that doesn't want to change.

• u can't change immature guys - they need some major life event to propel them into growing up

What Girls Said 2

• RUN. Men do NOT change.. They only adapt.

• you can't change anyone. if he is immature then that's how he is. if you can't deal with it move on.

he's not the last man on earth so why bother changing him? you can't change a person anyway. how would you like if a guy tried to change you? what if he tried to make you less mature to match his maturity level? that wouldn't work right? so don't try and do it to him. there are plenty of guys you could date, so find a guy who has the qualities you want instead of trying to change someone