Is it okay to try to go out with your ex boyfriend's best friend?

My ex and I were together for 5 years...were very serious but fell into a rut and broke up 3 months ago. I been spending a lot of time with his best friend...who is so sweet to me and we flirt all the time everyone sees it and thinks we are cute. Is it okay to try to go out with your ex boyfriends best friend?

• Yes its totally fine!
  • Hell no! You have no right!
Select a gender to cast your vote:
This is the whole point of me asking this. My friends all say sure! go for it! But I still have my huge doubts about it...this is good feedback though! We done nothing...just innocent flirting. We have been good friends for as long as my ex and him have.

45

Most Helpful Guy

• dude seriously you should meet more people this is just not cool

What Guys Said 4

• Isnt that in the unspoken rules? Would you be cool with it if he started to date or hook up with your best friend? If you would be cool with it, then go for it I suppose, just letting you know you are gunna be for a hard time with your ex

• No no no no no. Shame on his best friend. Obviously might not be as good a friend as one thinks.

• personally I think dating best friends just leads to lots of pain and suffering for all involved.

• of course your friends will say yeah since they see you're happy but not a good decision...

What Girls Said 4

• If you're best friend started dating your ex boyfriend what would you do? I think it's pretty mean. If it's wrong for a girl to date her best friends ex, I think it's the same for dude's, he should have more respect for his friend and you should have more respect for your ex boyfriend and their friendship. There are other guys in the world. I think it's a bad idea but to each his own, I guess.

• In this case he was probably expecting you to break up with him for his best friend... So he took care of it. :(

• I'd go to your ex, and ask him first. He's the only person who can give you a true answer of if it's okay with him or not.

• Right after our break up he told me I'm allowed to date anyone I want...even his best friend. And I was all "im your best friend" and he laughed and said "im mean (guys name)" and I was all "you would let me date (guys name)? wouldn't you be p*ssed?" and he said "I might take it a little hard at first but if it makes both of you happy ill accept it". I didn't really believe him then but never know though...he could be telling the truth. I donno...

• you're just looking for trouble if you do this.