Do things happen for a reason?

I know this is kind of a heavy question to be asking on Girlsaskguys, but I want to know what people think. Just share your opinion, it's a really tough thing for me to think and I'm curious about how others feel. Please try to keep religious inclinations out of your answer, and say your age and gender too.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• I like to think that things do happen for a reason. Aside from any religious reasoning, I don't see how you couldn't think that. If you didn't think that then you'll always have a really pessimistic outlook on life, and when things don't go right you'll take it very hard.

What Guys Said 3

• Staying away from a religious debate,

it is noticeable that there is a pattern to all the 'What-ifs' in the world. Whether your refering to a break-up or love at first sight, it's still cause and effect. Sometimes though, it's easier to just assume some things are random, especially the tragic. I suppose it's heavily reliant on the tint of one's rose colored glasses.

"The future is not set, we have no fate but what we make for ourselves."

• thier is always a cause and effect and every once in a while there are coincidences.

• Nope.

What Girls Said 1

• Many things do happen for a reason, sometimes they don't.