How do guys move on so easily?

Guys always seem to have someone else soon after a breakup. I tried dating someone soon after my relationship ended. But it was too soon. I had feelings for him but it didn't work out. Now I feel even worse than before. It was like putting salt into the wound

13

Most Helpful Guy

• In my experience it usually has a lot to do with the fact that men generally place a higher importance on maintaining their social life/support network while in a relationship, whereas women tend to go "all-in" so to speak. Women seem more inclined to totally abandon all other aspects of their lives when they enter into a serious relationship whereas men tend to maintain an active social life and hobbies even when in the most serious relationships. Because they maintain this strong support network, they can still walk away from a failed relationship thinking "meh, life goes on." Women, on the other hand, because they are less likely to maintain this support network, tend to feel like the world is crumbling around them in the event of a breakup because they really have nothing else.

In short, men walk away in better shape because they are less likely to completely invest themselves into a relationship. They don't go "all in" usually so it's much easier to get on with their lives when things end.

What Guys Said 2

• Actually that's rubbish. Its only little boys and people who are imature who move on so quickly. If they meant a lot to you then they will suffer in their own time. In fact your little story gives me hope that my ex ends up feeling worse. Not that I really want anyone to suffer but if after a 2 year relationship she can get engaged to someone 2 months after we break up then its doesn't do a lot for my confidence.

But back to your question. If a guy can move on that quickly then think yourself lucky you got out of the relationship when you did. Karma will come round and bite him in the ass don't worry

• Cause we are not that emotional and we never think that the relationship ended bcus of us, so yeah, we move on!

What Girls Said 1

• i think it is their way of coping; like most girls shut themselves off and be a bit depressed, lads occupy their minds by just getting back out their, it doesn't mean they are not still in love, or havve feelings, it just makes them feel better and know they still 'have it' men eh! do my head right in