Why do guys talk badly about an ex/past relationship?

My first love and I broke up based on lies. We were in a relationship, and his opportunist mother saw an advantage in me and started using me through him. They tried to scam me for a large sum of money but I knew it was a lie, so I didn't give them anything and then next thing you know, two months we're broken up and he made up a lie about why he was breaking up with me (gave me a story about being emotionally damaged, when really I just was no longer useful to them anymore). Now, me and him have a son. He wasn't there during the pregnancy, wasn't there during the birth and still hasn't seen him, and yet he's always talking shit on social media about me to downplay me as a person, and downplay our relationship like it was nothing. It's been months. Months have passed and he's still talking crap and I can't understand why he just won't shut up and stop talking down on our relationship or me for that matter.

He never talked shit about his exes prior, but all of a sudden with me he's always taking jabs here and there after claiming I was his first serious relationship, getting me a promise ring and all those things and now suddenly he has forgotten that and cannot stop being petty. It's been MONTHS. Why is he still talking?
2
0