Ex boyfriend giving me mixed signals?

My boyfriend broke up with me yesterday and I was devastated. I literally bawled my eyes out in the school hallway in front of everyone and the teachers even noticed it was embarrassing but I was really confused and sad. The whole day my heart felt empty but since I have a lot of friends they would support me. Today me friends told me that apparently he "cheated" on me because the day before he broke up with me he met up with his ex at the park and they told each other they still loved each other and asked each other out. I was like that's fucked up because you were still with me. But you see he has known his ex since they were babies and they have have such a strong connection they even call each other brother and sister because they are so close. He came over to my lunch table today and told me he still loved me and wanted to be with me but he wanted us to start over because he felt like him and I went too fast and we barely knew anything about each other. He is right about that, but after that he hugged me tightly and said we could be friends for now. He said we were taking a break not a break up thats what people told me. He still says "Hi Isabella" to me in hallways and tells me he still loves me. I'm confused because why would he say that he still liked me and be with someone else. But before he broke up with me on his snapchat on one of his stories he always included something about his ex which is the one he is dating now. This whole time I think to myself I knew he liked her the whole time and I was so dumb I didn't even pay attention that I should have broken up with him before he did. But why is he still saying he loves me after he broke up with me. Because it seems like he's moved on so fast like literally after the day we break up i find out he's dating his ex. And also today he was with his friends and he told me if I'd date him again I was like "No you have a girlfriend" Why would he ask me to date him again when he's already back with his ex?
Ex boyfriend giving me mixed signals?
Add Opinion