How do people justify cheating?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Cheaters always give the reason of it was your fault I cheated. Ie, you work to much, your never home, you are always distant to me, you enjoy (blank) more then time with me, basically if you can name a character flaw or a relationship issue they will turn it against you, so they are conscious free. Cheaters are just users, with a soul that has been sold already.

3|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Going outside of your relationships boundaries. If you know your partner wouldn’t want you to kiss another guy and you guys have talked about that and agreed your not okay with it but you do it anyway then it’s cheating. I say this because some relationships are open and don’t care if their SI does certain things. So definitely if you cross boundaries knowing what you’re doing it’s cheating.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• They justify it with all kinds of bullshit reasons but the vast majority of people know that the vast majority of cases of cheating come down to selfishness and cowardice.

4|0
    0|0
  • They convince themselves that it's solely the other's fault as to why they are unhappy, therefore they have no obligation to help fix it, they won't end it for various reasons, and they feel entitled to do whatever it takes to regain happiness.

2|0
    0|0
  • They justify by giving excuses how bad their decision was, they were drunk, I got caught up in the moment and I had no other choice, I felt I was forced into this and other things.

2|0
    0|0
  • They don't, they deflect blame elsewhere to try and save face. There is NO FUCKING EXCUSE FOR CHEATING. Why this subject keeps being brought up is beyond me.

2|1
    0|0
  • My ex was needy and demanding. That's my excuse and I stand by it :)

0|0
    1|0
    • No need to break his heart. He deserves better than some rat like you.

• It was a she actually. I am a man. International woman's day has made us all pink I guess

• Well, when your professor barely turns up to give lectures and half your exam seems to be based on an entirely different unit, let alone an entirely different course, you kinda have to cheat at some point.

0|1
    0|0
  • They dont and can't no matter how many "excuses " they come up with dosnt give them the reason or right to do so or justify what they do/doing... they fucked up

2|0
    0|0
  • They don't. Cheating is usually spur of the moment when their emotions are running high and they're drunk so decision making ability is impaired. I. e. at a club.

Or they could be on tinder and know exactly what they're doing and they justify it by telling themselves their partner never gives them sex so they are entitled to find it elsewhere. But really it is their fault cause they didn't communicate to their partner that their needs aren't being met so they didn't have a discussion about it to fix the lingering issue.

2|0
    0|0
  • The same way you justify eating an extra slice of cake. You tell yourself it's ok as if that makes the calories vanish.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't, if you're gonna cheat leave them and move on.

3|0
    0|0
  • It's not justifiable except that we are humans and make bad choices,, usually not wanting to hurt anyone just have a side peice.

0|0
    0|0
  • Same way they can justify murder, all you can eat buffets, and childrens birthday parties

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls don't really care if you sleep with other people

0|0
    1|0
  • Severe depression, addiction, previous sexual assault on a person and many other things can drive people to cheat, all bad things come from a place of fear or pain. Perhaps the person is not happy on the relationship he is in but for whatever reason is unwilling to end it. Perhaps their judgement was impaired because of drugs or alcohol. Perhaps it was just a moment of severe weakness. Whether you choose to forgive it or not is on you, and why doesn't cause you pain? Are you threatened by the other person? Are you jealous? It's not the fact that they had sex with someone else that hurts you but your reaction to it. A person's actions only have the power to hurt you if you give it to them, for instance if I had sex with someone else right now it wouldn't hurt you, but if your husband/boyfriend did it would because you have them the power to hurt you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Leave them

0|0
    0|0
  • They lie to themselves and everyone around them.

0|0
    0|0
  • People make excuses for everything

0|0
    0|0
  • They can't.

0|0
    0|0
  • They don’t need to they just do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Human nature

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no way to justify cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • they're cowards

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't know don't care

0|0
    0|0
  • The same way they justify stealing pens.

0|1
    0|0
  • We were on a break

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• They are selfish and deflect the blame. They blame their spouse or significant other for their infidelity. Easier to blame the victim than to take responsibility for their actions

2|1
    0|0
  • Cause they got caught don’t wanna feel guilty they tend to blame the victims.

3|1
    0|0
  • Maybe because they are shallow doesn't care that get a treat like shit. My ex-bf cheated on say me but I dump him almost on Valentine's Day.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not my business

0|0
    0|0
  • With honesty - because fuck you. That's why.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes