Girls, Thoughts on how to get her to come back to me?

Here's the context, back in high school I started dating this girl that was in my art class. In school I was a special ed student that was very reserved (I was like the stereotypical high school emo kid) whereas she was an honor roll student that was very outgoing. Despite our different personalities we just clicked, especially on an emotional level. She was able to bring me out of my shell and without even saying anything, we were both able to tell when something was wrong with the other and bring each other comfort. Needless to say, our relationship went well for a while, and we both ended up being each other's firsts. Eventually though, we hit a bump in our relationship and things started to go downhill from there. I became very controlling and manipulative. As she put it when she broke up with me, I was draining her and she just couldn't do it anymore. Less than a week after the breakup, being overcome with emotion and all the bottled up frustration from our relationship I got physical with her and later let out one of her secrets. Not surprisingly, she didn't want much to do with me after that. And of course, her guy friends wanted to cash in on the opportunity to be the knight in shining armor by being a shoulder to cry on which only angered me more, therefore causing us more issues. She admitted to me during all this time that she still wanted to try and work it out, however every chance I had to set things straight I ended up blowing it. Fast forward to now, we haven't really talked since all this went down, which was in 2014. I realize now the only way I'll have her back is if she chooses to come back on her own, but she's going to need one hell of a motivator to change her mind into giving it a chance. If she could just open up to the idea of talking things over with me, I'm fairly confident I'd be able to set things right with her. If not for the mistakes I made back then, I'm pretty sure we'd probably be married by now even.
1 y
I recently started talking to one of her friends (this friend of hers actually talked me into asking her out in the first place). Her friend doesn't really care to talk to me either, and what little she does say is usually something to put me down for what I did. However, I feel like I am making slow slow progress with her friend therefore I think that if I could get her friend to vouch for me to her it'd at least be a start.
1