I broke up with my girlfriend because I told her I needed to focus on myself?

I broke up with my girlfriend and we were dating for almost 6 months. We were doing long distance and it was hard for me with having to always text and facetime her but never getting to see her in person. I also had really bad grades and my a relative had recently passed away. We have met in person though by the way. I love her, but I left her because I felt like I couldn't concentrate while we were together. The arguing didn't help either. I couldn't manage being in a relationship with her and trying to get my shit together.

I feel really bad though. She tells me how she's really heartbroken without me, she even told me she felt more depressed than she already was previously. I do care about her, but she keeps trying to be with me. She wants to be with me while I'm trying to get myself together but I told her I can't manage a relationship right now. I care about her, but i'm not sure what to do. I don't want to just leave her by herself, but I don't want to be with her. Am I wrong for this? She tells me it's not fair that when she felt like she needed to get her shit together and I told her I wanted her to stay, she stayed for me. She's the one who helped me change and get motivated to get back on track too. So she says it's not fair she helped me change and I left her.
4
2