How do you feel when your ex finds someone new?

Its hard breaking for me to know that my boyfriend of 1 year and 3 months found a new girlfriend only 3 weeks after we broke up. I mean what did he do that? how do I get over it?

I want to know if this ever happened to somebody else so I could feel better

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably a rebound. Comfort most probably. If he was the one who did the breaking up, he could well have liked her beforehand too though.

My ex of 3 years broke up with me a couple of months ago and THANKFULLY (I guess) I haven't seen or heard from her since she broke it off. However, I expect the worst and my imagination runs wild and I kind of assume she's already either with, or chasing after, somebody else. And it hurts - Of course it does... Especially when you think you had something special and for it all to amount to nothing.

Makes you wonder if there actually is such a thing as love if you can plan the future with somebody and then have them rip it from you and move onto somebody else - when do they stop? Is there such a thing as "The one" or is it just the person you feel most comfortable with after all of the bouncing from partner to partner? I dunno.

Just know that you're not the first person this has happened to, and you certainly won't be the last. And then remember that it's his loss and he probably downgraded girls. And there is always somebody worse off than you in the same situations... Time heals. /cliches.

• Thanks for your answer you're really sweet; but I mean my situation or the situation of him and his new girl it seems as if he's in love with her and she's really pretty and seems really sweet that makes it even worse

• He won't be in love.. not after a few weeks. He might be in love with the idea of being in love, and that's why he's with somebody new. But 90% of rebounds don't work out for long term anyway, and he's feeling just as bad as you are but doing a better job of hiding it by making you feel sh*t. Keep your head held high, I promise it gets better. x

What Guys Said 1

• Well this should make you feel miles better. Me and my ex were only meant to be taking a break at the beggining of august (we were going out over 2 years). she told me she wanted to have my kids and get married blah blah blah and now she's engaged to someone else.

Hope that makes you feel better :)

• Wow what a b*tch. are you over her?

• No, not at all. I'm a lot better than I was but no where near over her. I think it will probably take another 3 months to get it all out of my system

• Good luck I hope you'll be fine, and find someone new for yourself

What Girls Said 1

• you get over it by not focusing on him anymore. he's got of your life. forget about him. focus on yourself only