I told her to let me know what she wants instead of break up with her?

For the past month my girlfriend and I have been fighting about a new guy friend she's been secretly hanging out with at work plus she knows he's attracted to her. I know she hasn't done anything with him, but I can tell she's has feelings for him that she doesn't want to admit. On our spring break trip, she was constantly texting him and just acting very indifferent about how I felt.

So just yesterday after being fed up with everything I decided to come clean and told her I wasn't happy in the relationship. That I don't feel my feelings are being respected nor my affections reciprocated. This whole time she was in tears and telling me not to leave her. I told her I didn't want to break up but have some time for myself. Despite how I feel about her new guy friend, she continues to bring him up because she likes the attention I give it and that she's taking advantage of my feelings. I wouldn't be as mad about this whole situation if she didn't lie to me about the guy. I said I need at least a week to think about everything and for her to have ownership on her part. I told her once she decided what she wanted, that she can let me know.

What do you guys think about this situation? Should I have just ended things with her?
0
1