Want to work things out with my ex, but will it work?

My ex and I broke up a month ago. I hooked up with a girl early on in our relationship. I told her about it and we worked it out for a few months until she got fed up with me. A week after Valentine's Day she asked to talk to me and basically broke up with me. She mentioned all these different things that were on her mind which she never brought up that bothered her. Cheating was the worse decision I ever made. I don't know what got into me but I can't blame anyone but myself and my actions. I was her first boyfriend and first love. I screwed it up and because of my actions I'm suffering the consequences. We haven't spoke in a month but my friend talked to her and she said she's willing to talk to me about this whole thing. My friend is gonna basically be our counselor. I look at her wanting to talk about this as a good sign, but I'm still looking at things realistically. If she doesn't want me back I'll have to deal with that myself. I want her in my life and to be with me. My bud says that she'll 100% not take me back but said his ex said the same thing after they broke up a few times. My ex and I dated for over 8 months and experienced a lot together, like spending the holidays together, sleepovers, etc. I was the first guy she ever kissed and slept with. I'm 22 and she's gonna be 19. Is there a high chance of things working out down the road or should I just accept the consequences of my actions?
Want to work things out with my ex, but will it work?
Add Opinion