Can rebound fix loneliness?

I want to date again, I miss being hold tight , cuddles and kisses, and I feel so lonely. but I'm not fully recovered from breakup and not ready for a relationship. (I miss having a person to talk about my day and know how he's doing, but that has to wait...)
Can I just get a guy to do the same thing I have been missing?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If your just looking for a fling, there are always guys around, but make sure you are open and honest... Mainly with yourself, because the biggest problem to this scenario is when you start having feelings for the man your with or worse! confuse feelings for your ex with feelings for him!

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeah, he doesn't deserve to be a substitute for my ex. And I don't deserve to be hurt deeper.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• Well yes and no. You will get it but you won't feel nearly as much. Then you will still feel lonely in a relationship. Its more than just a guy holding you. It is whose holding you and your relationship with him.
    You will still feel very sad and lonely and possibly more with a rebound.
    I know that I deeply regretted my rebound with a girl cause I wanted those things and to not be lonely anymore.

1|1
    0|0
    • Yes but what if you build a new bond with this person that is unique and also dips it’s nose into the love and romantic place? It’s another relationship that involves the same aspects.

• Rebounds dont last and its for a very good reason. The person is still damaged from the last relationship. Chances are they won't heal before the hurt causes a rift.

• Rebounds are very common but they are a hindrance to healing. They delay the grieving process that’s essential to healing and moving on. You cannot hide grieving forever. Eventually it will come out and that usually signals the end of the rebound. This is why rebounds never last

1|0
    0|0
  • If you get into a relationship, make sure to share your grief about your past relationship for the sake of recovery. A good man will understand and will try to overcome it and move on together.

2|1
    0|0
  • I'm gonna say no, I'm going through something similar and I don't think a rebound would fix anything other than physical needs and quite frankly I'm going nuts from the lack of physical contact but i don't want a random person to be the one for that (if this made any sense at all even). Hope I helped though

1|0
    0|0
  • Is it loneliness or you are missing companionship? May be your needs mentioned can be taken care in a good friendship. Rebound is generally a bad idea. Get over the heart break before you start dating to avoid frustration and more heart breaks.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the person. If you have to ask, it probably won't help you. Rebounding is not a thinking process, more than it is instincts. also it is not like rebounding is cut and dry either. Which will cause more stress.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd say no... true reason is because you're trying to fill a void when you're suppose to be healing and growing from a breakup. Trying to place guys in the void will make your healing process last a lot longer because you would end up being used by rebounds. Spend time with close friends that's why they're here for this situation because they'll listen to your day and make you laugh and eventually forget about those rough times and get you through the tough times especially while healing. Take it slow how's the time to enjoy yourself and just bond with your friends and family again and live your life to the fullest until someone new comes along and sweeps you off of your feet

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes you can. There are always people on stand by ready for you. Chances are he is not on gag. You gotta get out there. Go to bars. Go to a library. Anywhere.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes but u will fuck with there feelings if you are doing it to fix lonlyness and not cos u like em

1|2
    0|0
  • Suuure there's a sucker on every corner. Either way, it will only be temporary so who cares if you use some schmuck. Lol

1|0
    0|0
  • To be honest, yes and no, the feeling will stay but it will slowly become unnoticeable

1|0
    0|0
  • Short term answer is yes although usually not great long term.

1|0
    1|0
  • Temporarily yes but ultimately no

2|1
    0|0
  • Nope

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes you can. You can share.

0|1
    1|0
  • Nope. It won't.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on his personality

1|0
    1|0
  • It's a friends with benefits relationship

0|0
    2|0
  • I depends on how deep the other relationship was.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, loneliness can only be fixed from the inside, not the outside. This entire culture is obsessed with the external and the physical plane so they miss this very simply point.

3|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Rebound doesn't fix loneliness, loneliness can't be fixed by none other than yourself. Discover new things and force yourself to get out and do stuff. Rebound is a distraction but in the end won't help you heal. And trust me I know cuz I'm the chick that rebounds all the time and I'm not great mentally:) :(

1|0
    0|0
    • It's already a really big step that you know you're not ready yet. So good!!! Keep going

• I highly doubt it. Its creates a distraction of masking the pain without addressing it directly.
    At this stage you should be working on yourself rather than to rely on someone else to make you happy. Only then can the healing take place.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope very rarely

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Quick question:
    - does your ex boyfriend still contact you?
    - does he also contact you to hang out?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes