If you really love someone, how much can you forgive?

Every relationship I've ever had ended with me being cheated on. This girl I've been dating for 4 years cheated on me recently and dumped me on my birthday. She hasn't confessed to cheating on me, or that she's been lying to me to avoid even talking about issues in our relationship. I talked to her hours ago and she told me she still loves me and wants me in her life, whether as a friend or a lover she doesn't know. I told her that if she wants me in her life at all, I need complete honesty. No one has ever given me complete honesty. If she can do this, I can work to forgive her - maybe not as a lover but as a friend at the very least. She did confess to not being honest, but she wants to talk to me face to face when she gets back from her vacation and be honest with me. I love her so much, that I am willing to listen and understand about what has happened. And sex isn't as bad as lies. If you knew the person you love more than the sun or the moon was having trouble and lied to you about it, but was willing to come clean, would you consider giving it another shot? I want to be mature about this. I want to grow from this. And I feel like, if you really love someone it doesn't matter what mistakes they make, as long as that's what they are, mistakes - if you work together to grow from it. At this point, after hearing her version of the truth, should I just block her from my life completely - or should I work towards making a better life together with her? She has severe mental issues, but I have my own as well. And she's finally making some strides to actually get her shit together. I want her to be happy, even if it means without me. But I need the brutal truth no matter what.
If you really love someone, how much can you forgive?
Add Opinion