After 10 years together he is done. How am I supposed to move on?

My now ex and I have been together since I was 17on/off. 10 years. He took off for the army and we kept a very rocky LDR. Cheating, lies. He was finally home after 4 years but little did he know I had found someone amazing. I Chose to be with my ex in the end. We finally lived together and i made him my LIFE. I dropped all my friends and was just us. 2 years after that he said he was unhappy and we took a break, found him in bed with another girl. I made I’m choose and he chose me. Fast forward 4yrs and we bought a home together, no cheating no lies, went engagement ring shopping talked about kids. Got 2 dogs, I thought wow he’s finally changed. Then he tells me out of no where that he’s unhappy and our relationship has run it’s course. I work too much, I can’t cook or clean, I’m not as skinny as I used to be just everything you could think of. He’s always been a depressed person and he felt he needed a fresh start and a new life. I’m devasted. I begged, I cried on my knees please don’t do this. He cried and told me he didn’t want to marry me or have kids, he loves me but he couldn’t stay. He promised there was no one else. That was 3 1/2 wks ago. I’m back at my parents house, no one to come home to no dogs, no friends. Find out he’s already had sex with someone and is hanging out with her... yet he calls me when he’s feeling depressed or wants to have phone sex. And I take it because it’s better than begging to be with someone, or fighting. He doesn’t want me back and he wants to move on but I can’t seem to... I can’t eat, I can’t focus at work. I have no friends anymore, I can’t even get out of bed. I just cry all day pull myself together To make it through one day at work. I feel so depressed and even though I know I shouldn’t want him back after he’s already slept with someone, a part of me does. He is consuming my mind and I’m going crazy. I don’t know how to move on from this, I’m not ready to Let go.
I get to the hotel with my friend last night, he blows me up saying he wants to come stay the night. He’s pissed I won’t let him come over. He cries and says he’s sorry he did this, he loves me & sorry it can’t work out. He’s not ready for anyone, no girl can replace meCalls me in the morning because that girl found all our texts/pics and come to find out he's moved this bitch in the whole time after knowing her 2-3wks. All of a sudden what he said last night was a mistake and he blocked Me. 🖕🏽

515

Most Helpful Guy

• Sorry to hear that this happened to you. Given the length of time you've known him and all that you went through, it's definitely going to take quite some time to heal.

• Your family should be supportive. I know it's hard to see it now, but remember that you have a lot t offer the right person. Just focus on healing and get a distraction or two, e. g., maybe get a pet.

• I know that only time can heal, I’m trying to make more plans and try to be busy. But my mind always wanders back to how completely different my life is now. My family is extremely supportive but it’s hard to be back home.

• At this stage, it's normal for that to happen. I found two sthing that works for me is exercise/physical activities and spending time with animals.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know it's hard after such a long time of being in love with a guy, but realistically a guy like him doesn't deserve you after the way he's treated you. Go pursue your friendships again, with female friends. There are definitely other women out there who can relate to you and will want to support you through this. Try to find a routine to settle back in to a good lifestyle, but include fun spontaneous things. And if he does ever want you back, don't take him. Get rid of everything you have of his and his contact details, everything. This is the first step to letting go, and it's suprisingly hard. Get a new pet, if you like animals and you don't have too many already. It seems obvious, but make sure you're still taking care of your health (eating enough nutritious and healthy food, drinking enough water, sleeping enough etc.). Physical health directly affects mental health, and is very important in situations like this. Continue focusing on work if you like your job, but don't make it your entire life, and the only thing you go out for. This will make you feel worse.

• It’s difficult to be interested in anything. My parents keep offering to send me on a cruise, a vacation... my brother keeps wanting to take me out but I can’t bring myself to do anything. I feel embarrassed that I failed. I’ve spent thousands of dollars on random shit to try to feel better, got a new hair cut color and I still feel empty. Tonight I’m hanging with an old coworker for some girl time filled with drinking the spa. But he is literally in the back of my mind. Like I wonder what he is doing, who he is with, if he’s thinking about me. And it’s so unhealthy to be this way.

• From this message it seems like the main thing holding you back from letting go is your own guilt. You certainly didn't fail, and you don't need to feel bad about yourself for being in this situation. You shouldn't feel obliged to try to make yourself stop grieving for the sake of your family and friends. You have the right to feel the way you do about a lost relationship. Forgiveness of yourself is important, and a big step to being happier. You will be thinking of him constantly for a while after, it is not that unhealthy. It is just habit, after being with him for almost 10 years. It is still normal to constantly think of and mourn a lost relationship, even if that person hurt you in a way that you can't ever forgive. It will eventually fade with time, but because he was the main part of your life for such a long time he will always be there somewhere in the back of your mind. Like any type of grief, you actually need to allow yourself mourn.

• I learned today that that supposedly 1 night stand is actually a new girlfriend. Who found out this morning that he still calls me and tells me how he hasn’t moved on and that she was nothing. Now that he’s caught he says he didn’t mean the things he said about him loving me. He wants me to stop talking to him now because he wants to keep his new girlfriend that he’s only known for 2-3 weeks and now living at the house we shared. he blocked my number... I don’t get him st all. And that’s fine if he wants to move on. It still hurts me and I’m sad but it just goes to show how big of an asshole he is. There’s no coming back from this and I do need to move on