Why would someone deactivate their facebook after a break up?

1929

Most Helpful Guys

• Did they completely deactivate it? Or just block you?

I can imagine ditching it for a clean break, especially if they were only on it for you. Or maybe they see too much of you and it's too painful?

• I second this.

• Nope didn't block me
      Tried to search the fb on my other secret account and couldnt find him

• He probably needs space to get over the break up so he doesn't want to be bothered or stalked , no offense but you did say you tried looking him up , so he is probably just grieving over the loss

• But we still talk over normal text and he contacts me to ask how im going and all. And he also contact me to hang out to movies... is he really over me?

• Usually when someone breaks up with someone it's because they don't want to be tied down or they met someone else or they have their eye on someone else , but in your case it just seems like he likes having u as a friend

• Maybe he realized he was gay , I honestly don't know what his intentions r but just think it's weird that you guys broke up and he stills hangs out with you

Most Helpful Girls

• Possibly he didn’t want to be asked on social media about the break up. Also possible he doesn’t want to see you or pictures of you doing things and doesn’t want to stalk you or be apart of it until he’s personally over you completely before seeing you on Facebook again. Could have wanted to change his life over all and felt Facebook was a negative part to that. There are guys that don’t have Facebook at all so it’s not that weird. I’ve deactivated an account on after a break up as it was a convenient time to change.

Does it seem like he needs space from me/trying to move on?

• So they can't be stalked and/or they don't have to see reminders of things or people related to their exes.

he's the one that dumped me