Why would someone deactivate their facebook after a break up?

Why would someone deactivate their facebook after a break up?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Did they completely deactivate it? Or just block you?

I can imagine ditching it for a clean break, especially if they were only on it for you. Or maybe they see too much of you and it's too painful?

0|1
    0|0
    • I second this.

• Nope didn't block me
      Tried to search the fb on my other secret account and couldnt find him

• He probably needs space to get over the break up so he doesn't want to be bothered or stalked , no offense but you did say you tried looking him up , so he is probably just grieving over the loss

0|0
    0|0
    • But we still talk over normal text and he contacts me to ask how im going and all. And he also contact me to hang out to movies... is he really over me?

• Show All
    • Usually when someone breaks up with someone it's because they don't want to be tied down or they met someone else or they have their eye on someone else , but in your case it just seems like he likes having u as a friend

• Maybe he realized he was gay , I honestly don't know what his intentions r but just think it's weird that you guys broke up and he stills hangs out with you

Most Helpful Girls

• Possibly he didn’t want to be asked on social media about the break up. Also possible he doesn’t want to see you or pictures of you doing things and doesn’t want to stalk you or be apart of it until he’s personally over you completely before seeing you on Facebook again. Could have wanted to change his life over all and felt Facebook was a negative part to that. There are guys that don’t have Facebook at all so it’s not that weird. I’ve deactivated an account on after a break up as it was a convenient time to change.

3|0
    0|0
    • But we still talk over normal text and he contacts me to ask how im going and all. And he also contact me to hang out to movies... is he really over me?
      Does it seem like he needs space from me/trying to move on?

• So they can't be stalked and/or they don't have to see reminders of things or people related to their exes.

1|0
    0|0
      Does it seem like he needs space from me/trying to move on?
      he's the one that dumped me

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• It can either be one of many things: social desperation in terms of attention (unlikely), social overload, or as a way to disconnect from seeing any social connections to their ex. This can also be instigated by the factor that they had the account for their Ex, but this outlook is situational

0|0
    0|0
  • Too many people have their lives laid out on Facebook nowadays. It isn't reality and sometimes its needed to just step away from all the bullshit drama. There could be many reasons why this action has been taken.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are a lot of stalkers, exes that want to sow destruction in friendships, and some people just don't want contact with that ex anymore. Although that's generally done through blocking and not deleting.

0|0
    0|0
  • They usually do that shit coz they r not aware of the features or stuff offered by Facebook, like blocking and muting. So in order to avoid potential chance of contact they simply deactivate their accounts.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they want to escape socialization with people that definitely or probably will trigger memories with their previously significant other and those memories may trigger negative feelings.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would someone deactivate their facebook after a break up?
    This has to be a troll question. No way this is a legitimate question.

0|0
    2|0
  • Stop themselves from looking up anything compulsively. Breaking from Social Media can be good for you if it's become an issue for you in your life.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ignorance is bliss. Sometimes, the friends of the ex attack hardcore and really bully the dude for a while. It sucks. It is easier to go off the grid for a few weeks and let the dust settle.

0|1
    0|0
  • To take a rest and focus on a important things in their live.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because they need a disconnect. Sometimes it just hurts so bad that you don't want any other distractions, so. you deactivate everything so you can be by yourself and figure out how to move on

1|0
    0|0
  • Because they are trying to get attention from being depressed or emotional.

0|0
    0|0
  • To stop the other person posting lies publicly on their fb wall to try humiliate them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did that before, i didn't want to see her again. but had another reason. Silly reason actually, had too many friends on fb

0|0
    0|0
  • Just to give themselves space from one person or from everyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Purge content that indicates the relationship is still ongoing..

0|0
    0|0
  • because they can't bare to see you and anything that reminds them of u

0|0
    0|0
  • They maybe have had enough of social interactions in or opinions concerning their relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Its an attempt to purge oneself of toxicity. Good on them.

0|0
    0|0
  • They dont wanna see you

1|0
    1|0
  • To just let go and move on

2|0
    0|0
  • Because they want a real life, not an online one!!

2|0
    0|0
  • So psycho ex doesn't harass him

0|1
    0|0
  • Cheating on the person

0|0
    1|0
  • Avoiding all possibilities of contact?

0|0
    0|0
  • to help move on

0|1
    0|0
  • Because... insecurity and hate creeps in...

0|0
    0|0
  • He's tired of the bullsh#!

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 17

• It could be because of other reasons in their life, but if it's strictly because of the breakup.. Maybe attention? Or not wanting people to message them about the breakup, Not wanting to see the other persons posts.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, it's hard to say. Maybe because of the break up they feel a little down about other people, and want a break from them. Maybe they're just being sullen, or maybe just afraid that somebody else is going to let them down again. You can't really know for sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe they just need to disconnect from social media for a bit

1|0
    0|0
  • To get your attention, apparently it worked because they got it

0|0
    1|0
  • To get away. They hurt and just deactivate their account so they could have the time to do them.

1|0
    0|0
  • To not have to hear anyone opinions about it. Avoid the gossip

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe because they need to dettach from the rest of the world for a little bit.

1|0
    0|0
  • Bc some people can't face the same person everyday or talk to them

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not deactivated but blocked instead.

0|1
    1|0
  • To avoid additional drama.

0|1
    0|0
  • facebook sucks in general

1|1
    0|0
  • Probably want space..

0|0
    0|0
  • They want distance or don't want to be contacted.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tired of social media or depressed

0|0
    0|0
  • I did. because i can't stop stalking him and his female friends on Facebook. I needed a hard stop and I knew he would never check mine, too pathetic.
    That didn't s5op me from contacting him, because I missed him too much... Eventually I had to delete his number...

0|0
    0|0
  • I deleted my Facebook cause I kept stalking him and the girls he followed.

1|0
    0|0
  • Did they block you? I didn't deactivate mine but I went off and haven't logged in in 5 weeks.

They say 90% of people stalk their exes on social media and I didn't want to do that. Because I know I will.. I don't want to "see" my ex in groups or look at his page, so I'm taking a break to help me move on.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes