Is it normal for exes to hang out every week?

My ex boyfriend initiates hanging out every week
To the cinema, to eat out, to events, etc
So we have been seeing each other every week still ever since the break up 1 month ago
Is this normal?
Does it mean anything?

• Normal
  • Not normal

27

Most Helpful Guy

• Its normal at the beginning of a break up, its more of getting some last closure before you stop seeing each other and start seeing other people indefinitely. I would stop it at some point though if you really want to see other people

• Its always him that initiates contact every week
      And initiates hanging out every week
      I never initiate anything

• His friends can keep him busy, yea sure but they are just friends, you werent just his friend you played another role completely in your relationship with him. Someone can have all the friends they can ask for but if they're missing that special someone in their life, then you can feel completely alone, trust me in this. Im not saying he still has feelins for you, maybe he does , i wouldn't know, but you were special to him in a way and he is trying to hold on to that feeling he has with you, thats all.

• I agree with him. Doesn't necessarily mean anything one way or the other. I've seen this happen so many times without them being interested in anything more than the companionship because they were feeling lonely, that it's not even funny anymore. Not only have I experienced the same as you myself, I've witnessed my friends and family going trough the same as well. It can be very confusing and it feels like they're in for more and the hope of it working out in the end is there, but in many of these cases it all stopped once they found another girl and the ex girlfriend was left heartbroken and feeling like they had been strung along. So I suggest you don't take it as anything more than it is, you two broken up but keeping each other company, otherwise you might end up even more hurt in the end.

I'm not saying they couldn't be wanting to get back together, but it's also very likely they just like the company cause they're lonely and feel comfortable but are at the same time moving on.

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex does this with me. We spend more time together now then when we were dating. And talk more frequently.

It’s a little annoying. If he had put in this much effort when we were dating we’d probably still be together.

It’s been going on for about 6 months.