How long does ot take for you to get over a person?

Normally it depends on how long bit I give my self 2-3 days to cry and the rest of that week to work and improve myself lol oh and new pet cocoHow long does ot take for you to get over a person?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Depends on how much the person impacted and influenced your life, and for how long, but most importantly what level of emotional attachment you had. For example, it will take you longer to get over someone you lived with for a year, than a long distance relationship you had for 5 years... because of the influence they had on your life.
    The other critical component is your emotional connection and to what degree they provided you with what you need/want. For example, I’ve broken up after 4 years living with a girlfriend but grew apart, she more or less meant more to me as a friend, towards the end, so I got over her quicker than a 2 year relationship that was very passionate till the end, and we both didn’t want to break up but had to. That took a long time

1|0
    0|0
  • All I would say is focus on your new puppy, play with it and love on the puppy and I bet within a couple weeks, you'll be over whomever you were trying to get over.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• cute dogggg coco niceee, I don't know i never really liked my past bfs that much bc they either hurt me or i dated them before i actually knew what those kinds of feelings were and i was usually the one to break it off bc we stopped liking each other or i stopped liking them... the worst one he wasn't good emotionally and it took me like 2 months just to break up with him bc he wouldn't let me and getting over THAT was pretty hard bc I've never been in that situation before... but it still only took a few days to get over HIM although the situation still makes me feel uneasy 3 years later. Um if my boyfriend and i now (we've been together 2 years) were to break up then i think it would take me a long time like really long bc i love him lot... honestly I don't know if i could get over him bc he's pretty great haha aye ':)

1|0
    0|0
  • Having an avoidant attachment type, I doubt I was in love so strong to find it hard getting over. Maybe it happened 2 times. The second time I am not sure did I feel guilt or did I really love him? I think I couldn't get over fast because I felt guilty for ghosting him.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• I’m sure you will find someone nice. Being an animal lover is a very admirable quality.

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly... It depends on the person and what they meant to you. I just got out of a 2 yr relationship like... 4 days ago... So far it sucks. A lot. I'm trying to move on and try to let it go. Its just not working. I almost married this girl. So id say it all depends

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been told 7 days of 0 contact. But I'm a bit different because I don't have many friends (purposefully) so everyone I'm connected with I have a strong bond with. So at my worst it's taken me a month.

1|1
    0|0
  • As long as it takes, join a gym, club, anything really and keep yourself busy. Focus on you and it will happen before you know it. You must put you first.

1|0
    0|0
  • A relationship I was in for over a year it took me 2 months

1|0
    0|0
  • The feeling what a person have given to you cannot be ever forgotten

1|0
    0|0
  • I got dumped after three years😂that was over a month ago and I still can’t get over her

2|0
    0|0
  • Fuck, there is this girl that after 5 years i still remember her.

2|0
    0|0
  • This one girl took me 2 years, but I still think of her every now and then.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'll tell you when I get over my first love. It's been 3 months so far and I'm still in pain

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the length and divinity of the relationship

1|0
    0|0
  • Why the dog?

1|0
    0|0
  • A third or half of the time that we were together

1|0
    0|0
  • It takes me about 7 business days

2|2
    0|0
  • never get over it

3|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the position the person is in

2|0
    0|0
  • Depends, took me years for someone really special

1|0
    0|0
  • An hour or so... I'm emotionally detached

1|0
    0|0
  • I still love my ex haven't got over her totally

2|0
    0|0
  • Lasty time (long ago!) it took me a month.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 16

• For me, if I felt a lot of love towards someone, it could take me months. Everyone is different and copes different. Me on the other hand, I don't necessarily cry within those months but I do think about them.

2|0
    0|0
  • Aw love the dog ❤️ I usually cry on my own but takes me maybe a couple days to get over them only because I never really loved any of my exes and I broke it off everytime.

1|1
    0|0
  • This guy I was involved with literally threw my heart in my face it took me two years to get over him. He officially ruined love for me.

2|0
    0|0
  • By the end of day two I usually start to accept that something is over and sulk a little less.

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably like 3-5 months but my ex husband took me about 7 years. We didn’t have closure

1|0
    0|0
  • it depends on how deep your feelings are for that person. It can take days or months it depends.

1|0
    0|0
  • A week that’s it?

1|0
    0|0
    • You must’ve not liked him very much

• its not that cause i loved him a lot a little to much i think but i wasn't willing to sit around and cry for weeks over him i wasn't willing to be sad and mope about him so i gave myself some time and then i got up and did things to better myself and moved forward

• Depends on how much I felt for them

1|0
    0|0
  • Month

1|1
    0|0
  • Girl drop everything and love coco

1|1
    0|0
  • Literally forever. Lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Three years

1|0
    0|0
  • Very quickly

1|0
    0|0
  • A long time

1|0
    0|0
  • Well there's this one person, I still think about, chronically.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's been 2 months since my ex broke up with me (a one year relationship) and I still cry. Sigh...

1|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes