How long does ot take for you to get over a person?

Normally it depends on how long bit I give my self 2-3 days to cry and the rest of that week to work and improve myself lol oh and new pet cocoHow long does ot take for you to get over a person?

1826

Most Helpful Guys

• Depends on how much the person impacted and influenced your life, and for how long, but most importantly what level of emotional attachment you had. For example, it will take you longer to get over someone you lived with for a year, than a long distance relationship you had for 5 years... because of the influence they had on your life.
    The other critical component is your emotional connection and to what degree they provided you with what you need/want. For example, I’ve broken up after 4 years living with a girlfriend but grew apart, she more or less meant more to me as a friend, towards the end, so I got over her quicker than a 2 year relationship that was very passionate till the end, and we both didn’t want to break up but had to. That took a long time

• All I would say is focus on your new puppy, play with it and love on the puppy and I bet within a couple weeks, you'll be over whomever you were trying to get over.

Most Helpful Girls

• cute dogggg coco niceee, I don't know i never really liked my past bfs that much bc they either hurt me or i dated them before i actually knew what those kinds of feelings were and i was usually the one to break it off bc we stopped liking each other or i stopped liking them... the worst one he wasn't good emotionally and it took me like 2 months just to break up with him bc he wouldn't let me and getting over THAT was pretty hard bc I've never been in that situation before... but it still only took a few days to get over HIM although the situation still makes me feel uneasy 3 years later. Um if my boyfriend and i now (we've been together 2 years) were to break up then i think it would take me a long time like really long bc i love him lot... honestly I don't know if i could get over him bc he's pretty great haha aye ':)

• Having an avoidant attachment type, I doubt I was in love so strong to find it hard getting over. Maybe it happened 2 times. The second time I am not sure did I feel guilt or did I really love him? I think I couldn't get over fast because I felt guilty for ghosting him.