Guys, how would you react if a girl you liked had a mental illness?

I, for one, have bipolar disorder and bulimia but am in treatment and on meds... My bipolar disorder isn't exactly what some picture it to be. I am overall very happy and positive, but when someone really hurts me I can't control my anger or sadness(nothing gets physical though). My outbursts only happen about 3 or 4 times a year. I suppose the only other thing I take hard is sometimes at first I may be too 'overbearing' but that's because of things that hurt me in the past that my mind and its my way of keeping my guard up. I however; feel that others I know who have mental illness' or troubled pasts are ones who can deal with real problems, they gain a level of wisdom others sometimes never get.

So what would you do? & please don't be immature and say you couldn't kiss someone with bulimia.. Not all bulimics puke in between every meal

05

Most Helpful Guy

• look past anything like that, its the inside that counts that's how I was brought up :), I think if I like a girl it doesn't matter what may be wrong with them, at the end of the day you should care about the people you love/like and so it wouldn't make a difference, one of my ex girlfriends had crohns disease and was ill quite frequently but she was a lovely girl, so I didn't see a problem with it =]

hope you appreciate my view on it x

tez

What Guys Said 4

• Sure,i would kiss her,i would care 4 all I knw and help in ways that I can but am pretty sure the relationship won't go too far 2 an xtent gettn married..damn,am damn too quiet and cnt live 4eva with someone who outbursts in anger ,its really gonna freak the hell outta me..

• Well you're definately attractive, so no problems there. I guess if I loved someone I would help them manage any disorders they had. If you love someone enough you make it work :)

• i can look past it

• prolly not I can do better than that

What Girls Said 0