Is it normal to be sad after breaking up?

If you are the one who decided to break up?

I can't stop crying. Maybe it was a mistake :(

42

Most Helpful Girl

• Keep in mind your reasons for breaking up with them.

Whether they treated you poorly, or you just didn't feel the connection anymore... it was probably a logical reason, and you shouldn't have any regrets.

It is totally normal to feel sad and miss them. It is hard for anyone to go from one day having someone as the most important person in your life, then the next day them being nothing to you. You just need to give yourself time to adjust to your new life without them and recognize that things are better for both of you this way.

If it is possible to try and be friends with them still, you should not lose an important friendship if you can avoid it. That's up to you two to decide, though, and maybe it will take some time apart before you are able to patch things up into a friendship.

Stay strong and try to find things to distract yourself from being upset. Going out with some friends to a movie, or playing a game will keep your mind off the break up. Don't be afraid to be sad. Let yourself feel whatever you need to feel right now!

What Guys Said 2

• It is definitely normal to be sad, you shared many memories together and probably had a strong connection with each other if you were dating. If you miss them, and you've had some time to think and you realize that you really do want to be with them, and they are a good person who treated you well, tell them you made a mistake, apologize to them and ask for them back. The worst that can happen is that they say no and then you know it is over, but if you want to be with them but you never ask for them back then you will most likely lose them forever. Don't just apologize for breaking up with them, but think about things that you did that may have contributed to the break up and sincerely apologize for that too. Know that when you ask for them back, you will have to address the issues that caused the break up and be willing to make compromises to solve the problems because if you can't compromise then things will never work. Relationships are all about give and take, if one person is taking more than they are giving, then the other person will be giving more than they are receiving and will start to feel bad and will not feel loved. Compromises and communication are essential so this doesn't happen. If you love someone, make sure that the give and take is always even and that you always treat your partner with respect (treat them how you would like to be treated and don't do things to them that would make you upset if they did them to you), and treat them in a way so they know that they are loved (make sure that your partner treats you this way also).

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

• I think its normal.. I'm on the other side of it though.. my girl who I loved very much broke up with me like 7 weeks ago and we haven't seen each other since..

I think you should give it some time.. give yourself a couple weeks and just breathe. and reflect on what went wrong etc..

THEN decide what to do.. right now your very emotional and you might not be thinking with a clear head.. your opinion might be totally different in 2 weeks.. go out with friends, etc..

then if you still really miss him, take him back and try and work things out.

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe you did love him or had really strong feeling for this guy but deep down inside you new that there was no future and that it wasn't going to last.

People say to listen to your heart but my opinion you should listen to your heart and your mind and just no that the realationship will be good 4 in the future, if not what's the point of wasting time being with someone that's not going to last.

• well if you've been with a person for a while you're bound to miss them a little. but whether your break up was a mistake or not? no one knows quite yet. time will tell my young grasshopper..time will tell.

• of course it's normal. because no matter what the reason was for the breakup, you guys shared memories and have history