Who hurts more after a breakup with heartbreak?

As a guy, in my experience I've always hurt more, and for longer.

I know it depends on the person, but It'd be interesting to know which gender overall feels more after a breakup.

• Guys hurt more and for a longer time.
  • Guys hurt more at first but get over it quicker (or the same time)
  • Girls hurt more and for a longer time.
    Vote C
  • Girls hurt more at first but get over it quicker (or the same time)
    Vote D
  • It's always exactly the same.
    Vote E
Select a gender to cast your vote:

145

Most Helpful Girl

• i think whoever hurts the most depends on who loved the other the most. it's never 50/50 in a relationship. there's always someone who cares a little more

What Girls Said 13

• Depends who broke up with who

• My opinion is based on the people that I know, girls do generally take longer to get over a break up. But I agree with "Justmean" it is whoever loved their partner the most.

I think a lot of the time, guys pretend they are over their ex when that's not always true. Guys hide it better than girls do.

• i personally agree with you it does depend on the peson. I know even when I did break up with my boyfriend he hurt as much as I did maybe even more it took us bith a little bit to get over each other but now we are really good friends. you can't always say that the girl hurts more and that the guy doesn't care cause you really don't know how they feel until you guys talk about it you know

• id say whoever the one that gets dumped is, regardless of gender

• It depends. Some people are more sensitive than others. Where one person can be totally involved in someone, the other could be completely distant. In that case, the one more involved would probably hurt more and for longer. Like some have stated earlier, it's hard to generalize these kinds of things.

• The person who truly loved the other get hurt more.

Not guys or girls IT Depends ..

It depends on who loved the other more with all Her OR His heart..

• depends on who broke up with who. you can never generalise with these things.

• I think it all depends on the person, and the actual break up itself. Guys are better at hiding there feeling and girls are more emotional. So I think its harder for girls.

• I voted E, but I don't think it's always exactly the same, I just think it depends on the individual person and couple. Either gender can hurt more, or they can hurt the same.

• none of them lol, I think it all just depends really, I know iv been hurt by guys and it didn't bug them and iv hurt guys and I wasn't hurting.. I mean I felt bad but it didn't bug me that we were over

• It depends on who broke up with who really.

From my personal experience though, I would say it might be the girl. Because I know it's been about 3 months for me to get over a heartbreak and I am still not completely over him.

• Whoever cared the most hurts the longest.

• Depends on who put his/her mind & heart more in the relationship.

What Guys Said 5

• wouldn't this question require someone to be a boy and then a girl... or vice versa to be truly answered lol It's kinda like the tastes great less filling debate

If you are in the field of psychology you just stepped on a gold mine idea to do a study on. Would yeild some excellent insight into the differences of men and women

• Depends who loves who more. In most cases the person doing the breaking up is either already "over" the other person, or they play the "we can still be friends" card to soften the blow... (learnt from experience.)

So if you're on the end of the break up - it hurts you more, definitely.

• The male brain's emotions are vastly underrated, men feel pain just as much as women do, if not more.

• Personally guys take a lot longer. Girls always just rebound right away.

• No... girls dont

well, not all of them

most girls feel it for a long time

they may look like they are over it, but they feel it inside

• If they can run around with another man two weeks or even a day after the break up, something's wrong?

• I voted for its equal...but only becasue there was no "Both get hurt in uneven proportions".