Is my ex boyfriend trying to make me jealous?

me and my ex have had a rocky past. I still love him and would love for it to work out but it just got so complicated that I told him I wanted to see other people. well we're still friends on facebook and he's been randomly writing about this girl a lot (ex: sad I can't see my girl, all hers, and/or just writing her name in a lot of statuses) at the same time, I can kinda tell some of his statuses he wants me to read and I've noticed he's been deleting some too (ex: why do girls lie about things that are so obvious- I think he wrote that to me because I'm making it seem like I'm moving on) and one time I wrote all smiles and an hour later he wrote all hers. but the next day he deleted it. is he trying to make me jealous? oh, might I add he knew I was going to a bar (cause my facebook) and he ended up being there (he lives an hour away from where I live and the bar). he texted me that night wanting to say hi (haven't talked to him in a week prior), which we did meet up and talked for a little. but idk... what's his deal? is he trying to make me jealous or what? I just want him to change a little for me so we can work everything out (if he really wants to be with me and not other girls.. but I can't tell cause he's hard to read. please help!)

41

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are probing him to the degree where you see every insinuation of relationship emotion he is expressing as trying to get you jealous, then just drop the care factor. If he was indeed trying to make you jealous then he'll elevate the pursuit and you should expect more frequent and more direct attempts at trying to court you back. Again, do yourself a favour and skip him for other fish in the ocean out there. The time you consume contemplating all these possibilities with your previous boyfriend could be invested in finding another equally rewarding relationship.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 4

• Yea I think in some ways he does want to get back with you, except he is going at a slightly childish way to show it. If you still love him and you really want to get back together, then I say you two should have a serious talk and see how much you two are willing to compromise and such so that things can maybe work out between the two of you.

• Hmmm, he IS hard to read but from what you've said, it kinda feels like he's acting like a 5 year-old trying to get your attention but at the same time it could be your imagination? The bar thing was interesting though. Does he frequent that particular bar often? If so then it could be coincidence. If not then there is a possibility that he might be trying to get your attention.

The thing is though, think really hard about wanting a guy back that you broke up with for a really good reason. It didn't work out then and honey, men don't change. If I were you I would avoid him and his attempts to make you jealous because it's gonna drive ya crazy. I would'nt think about getting back with him anytime soon. But it's your choice.

• it kinda sounds like he still wants u, my ex did similar things as well so I think you should ask him just to clear things up

• 1) Men don't change - find one that's already perfect (or near perfect - small things like leaving the toilet seat up or having a messy room can be worked with)

2) Block his status updates on Facebook. I've done it when people's updates seem aimed at me/make me emotional. Trust me, it's the best thing to do.