If a guy wants to be friends with his ex girlfriend, he doesn't have feelings for her anymore?

If a guy wants to be friends with his long term ex girlfriend, he doesn't have romantic feelings for her anymore?
Only friendly feelings?
Long term = been together for more than 1 year
  • True
    Vote A
  • False
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Usually this is true, but not always. If he acts like a friend, then he's sincere. If he acts like his still your boyfriend, he's not.

3|1
    0|0
    • he's not what?

• Show All
    • Why u think that?

• Because he respects the physical distance a male friend should keep from you.

Most Helpful Girl

• There are always going to be feelings in long term relationships. There should be no reason for him to be friends with her. If he wants to then he still has feelings for her.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• The only reason a guy stays in touch with an ex is if he's not over her, or hopes they can get back together one day or somehow. Otherwise, what would be the point? It's like rooting around in the trash - no matter what you find in there it's still trash.
    No, there's a reason they broke up - no matter what happens that never changes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe nobody here will "get" (feel the way I do) this, but for me, once I'm truly, head over heels in love, I'm always in love with that women. So, in regards to the Question - I want to be friends (and maybe more) with my ex, and I do have feelings. I have a LTR ex who I haven't seen in years, but I know that if she showed up at my place, I'd take her.

1|0
    0|0
  • He has feelings for his ex when:
    1. He was dumped.

He doesn't have feelings for his ex when:
    1. The breakup was mutual.
    2. He dumped his ex.

Of course, there are other variables as well such as how much time has passed since the breakup or how serious/close were they during their 1 year period, etc.

0|0
    1|0
  • The only reason I would continue to have any contact with an ex would be with the hope of been with that ex again.

With a hope and a true a possibility of starting over I will give it another chance. If there is hope but no possibility (no interest from your ex to get back) I would move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it can be awesome, if you can be mature about it, break up are hard, you try to be a good man but the only thing that works is separation. So if you Can be friends after you can take your relationship back to where it was before you were intimate, you will enjoy each other's company.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've kept ex gfs around just to fuck. A few of them still love to let me fuck them because they say I have the biggest cock around and they love that shit. haha

0|0
    2|0
  • I can imagine this is your Current circumstances considering the added detial of the extent of the previous relationship. This can be unhealthy for your current one in my opinion as more negative has come out of a situation like this then good has. If he has to see her on a daily basis like let's say work then I think he made thr right choice. Otherwise, he should have no contact with her as he's in a relationship with you. Ensure he knows that you do not approve and ask if he will drop all contact with her for your own mental security on thr situation. If he's understanding I think he just might. Communication is an important role for a relationship. All the people these days are playing guessing games and hoping you one day get that mind reading guy of your fantasys. The reality is most guys don't know how to read a girl like that so I suggest communicating your feelings.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends om the guy honestly if he's the kinda guy who can't make choices very easily more often than not its because he still has feelings. Indecisiveness is a big indicator he mighr still like her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't know. I have strick rule that if we break up, all contact stops

0|0
    0|0
  • my first girlfriend couldn't cope when i GTFO because she was so airhead and had the personality of a banana leaf. she date some dude later, still try to contact me i date her for 1 year i'm fucking sick of her face still to this day (its been 12 years girl, fucking have to block her)

On the other spectrum, this girl, 2nd girlfriend (only dated 2monthhs), we stay friend , stay for a week turn into friends with benefits. STILL friends with benefits TODAY. (10 years) cheating on my girlfriend everytime i see her.

I'm bad i know sorry :(

0|0
    1|0
  • False like a motherfucker. I'm totally over and friends with my ex. But if she asks to get back together then I'm probably screaming out "YES" while doing backflips and cartwheels.

0|0
    0|0
  • That depends guy to guy but most often no he doesn't personally I just don't like having enemies or awkward associates

0|0
    0|0
    • That's afraid of confrontation. It can lead to a really I unhealthy life style.

• you had an relationship, and you did stuff, you can't be just friends. it depends about the guy, he knows if he still has feelings for her or not.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm still friends with my ex wife. But we have kids together and makes being a parent easier.

0|1
    0|0
    • When you have kids it's beneficial over all to have a healthy relationship even if only friends with your previous significant other if for no reason other then the kids. I respect you for doing that much as many men won't drop their pride to do such a thing.

• She didn't use them as a weapon so I help out more than I have to.

• That's honestly a great outcome. It could have been much worse. I'm glad it worked out that way. I have had personal experience with how a bad divorce can suck for a kid and i've seen how nasty it can get from the outside looking in.

• He might just have a different kind of feeling towards her. Non-romantic but still caring.

0|0
    2|0
  • i think you ll never see an ex as a friend. when i do that it s because i want her back.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never understood this type of male behavior and always flund it to be very beta tier.

0|0
    0|0
  • Give you three guesses

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends tbh

0|0
    0|0
  • What are you trying to ask?

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 2

• False. My ex told me that he stayed friends with his ex with the sole purpose of winning her back, alas she went straight for his friend lol. That's probably when he started to lose feelings for her.

2|0
    0|0
  • True

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes