Is arguing everyday a deal breaker?

My partner and I have been arguing if not every day almost everyday for the past month. It’s taking a toll on our relationship. In his eyes he feels were just going through a small bump in the road and can get pass this. I however feel the urge to break things off. I’m starting to feel like I’m with my enemy. The smallest things tick me off and I just don’t know what to do anymore. How do we get pass this stage? We were great friends for two years but just recently started a relationship five months ago. I feel that we haven’t been together that long and things are sour. Is arguing everyday a deal breaker?

1717

Most Helpful Guys

• Now I'm assuming since most females do this one.
    Don't be in he's face
    Let hem be when you feel you want to let that irritation comes over you to argue no matter what you think and feel for the moment, take a walk/run/swim/the gym instead.

• If you love him you can get pass this. You both are being selfish and need to come to a conclusion that you both aren't perfect and you both can be a stick in the mud sometimes. So patch things up. But if you don't love him. Don't waist your time move on. But I suggest you work it out.

Most Helpful Girls

• I've been with my current boyfriend on and off for the last 15 years, I love him to death. It's mostly been long distance and that's the reason we've only ever been "off". When we were "off" he was still my best friend.
    I can count on one hand how many fights we've had. He and I see eye to eye on most things, but the few fights we've had have been some pretty hardcore stuff.
    So the point is while I love him, he's been a huge part of my life and he's my best friend, if things changed and we were fighting constantly I would be done. That is definitely a deal breaker for me. My boyfriend should have my back, I shouldn't fear him like "the enemy". The minute I felt that way it would be over for me. Im not a horribly unlikeable person but I have enough issues elsewhere in my life that I have to deal with, coming home and dealing with more issues isn't something I'd be willing to do. Life is too short to be constantly fighting battle after battle.
    It's hard to let go but it may come to that. If I were in your place I'd try to figure out what the hell is actually going on. There's no way EVERY little thing is actually worth fighting about, there has to be a root cause. If you two can figure it out and work through that then you're golden. If not.. well.. It would seem someone isn't being open and honest about what's going on and it's probably time to pack it up and move on.

• Either one of you or both of you are unhappy in the relationship. A serioud talk is needed to find out what's making that person unhappy to see if it is fixable or not. If you are ready to break things off and he's thinking it's a break in the road, I am guessing you are the one that's unhappy. what needs are not being met to not keep you happy?

• Social media infidelity issues. He’s entertaining other women and it’s causing cracks in the trust aspect of our relationship which causes me to lash out or argue about “small” things simply off the strength of him disrespecting our relationship.

• I understand completely, he needs to shape up or be shipped out