Is arguing everyday a deal breaker?

My partner and I have been arguing if not every day almost everyday for the past month. It’s taking a toll on our relationship. In his eyes he feels were just going through a small bump in the road and can get pass this. I however feel the urge to break things off. I’m starting to feel like I’m with my enemy. The smallest things tick me off and I just don’t know what to do anymore. How do we get pass this stage? We were great friends for two years but just recently started a relationship five months ago. I feel that we haven’t been together that long and things are sour. Is arguing everyday a deal breaker?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Now I'm assuming since most females do this one.
    Don't be in he's face
    Let hem be when you feel you want to let that irritation comes over you to argue no matter what you think and feel for the moment, take a walk/run/swim/the gym instead.

2|0
    0|0
  • If you love him you can get pass this. You both are being selfish and need to come to a conclusion that you both aren't perfect and you both can be a stick in the mud sometimes. So patch things up. But if you don't love him. Don't waist your time move on. But I suggest you work it out.

3|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I've been with my current boyfriend on and off for the last 15 years, I love him to death. It's mostly been long distance and that's the reason we've only ever been "off". When we were "off" he was still my best friend.
    I can count on one hand how many fights we've had. He and I see eye to eye on most things, but the few fights we've had have been some pretty hardcore stuff.
    So the point is while I love him, he's been a huge part of my life and he's my best friend, if things changed and we were fighting constantly I would be done. That is definitely a deal breaker for me. My boyfriend should have my back, I shouldn't fear him like "the enemy". The minute I felt that way it would be over for me. Im not a horribly unlikeable person but I have enough issues elsewhere in my life that I have to deal with, coming home and dealing with more issues isn't something I'd be willing to do. Life is too short to be constantly fighting battle after battle.
    It's hard to let go but it may come to that. If I were in your place I'd try to figure out what the hell is actually going on. There's no way EVERY little thing is actually worth fighting about, there has to be a root cause. If you two can figure it out and work through that then you're golden. If not.. well.. It would seem someone isn't being open and honest about what's going on and it's probably time to pack it up and move on.

1|0
    0|0
  • Either one of you or both of you are unhappy in the relationship. A serioud talk is needed to find out what's making that person unhappy to see if it is fixable or not. If you are ready to break things off and he's thinking it's a break in the road, I am guessing you are the one that's unhappy. what needs are not being met to not keep you happy?

1|0
    0|0
    • Social media infidelity issues. He’s entertaining other women and it’s causing cracks in the trust aspect of our relationship which causes me to lash out or argue about “small” things simply off the strength of him disrespecting our relationship.

• I understand completely, he needs to shape up or be shipped out

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• Depends on what you guys are arguing about? If it's over stupid things then yes you ca. Get over that but if you're arguing over things that are causing damage in the relationship like selfish things then yes selfishness kills relationships

1|0
    0|0
  • All is fair in love and war. War in your situation is argument. If you really love him, then get to root of the problem. Arguments masks the real problem. Try to sit together and discuss

1|1
    0|0
  • If there's mostly arguing then there's something wrong, it can be nice at first, but eventually you get to know them and you'll see how they really feel

1|0
    0|0
  • Find the root of your arguments and you maybe able to stop them.

1|0
    0|0
  • It should be.
    Sadly, I learned that lesson far too late in life.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's every day then yeah it's a huge deal breaker

1|0
    0|0
  • Couple that argue tend to have stronger relationships because they don't bottle it up and then blow things out of proportion

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell yeah, if we're arguing that often that's clearly a red flag that things aren't working out

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it can be.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes it is.

1|1
    0|0
  • Kinda but not always

2|0
    0|0
  • End it for both of your sakes!

0|0
    0|0
  • uhm... YEAH !

1|0
    0|0
  • Not arguing just loving

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. I would break up

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 15

• I went through this too and eventually we learned to communicate and understand each other. It takes time to really learn who someone is. As long as you both have the love to fight for each other things can be good. It takes work. Sometimes it can also mean you have a lot of passion for each other.

3|0
    0|0
  • Depends, if we’d genuinely discussed trying to resolve it and I had made a decent effort to no avail then I’d end it. Relationships take effort, but shouldn’t be backbreaking

3|1
    0|0
  • Yep. I haven't needed to argue with a romantic partner in nearly 19 years but for about 4 times. Being quarrelsome all the time is a troubling choice. I don't put up with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Talk about it. Me and my boyfriend went through that stage too and we sat down talked about it. Now we’re closer than we have ever been.

1|0
    0|0
  • Arguing everyday equals cheating from either party. Someone is not satisfied and is guilt tripping because they are unhappy. So, they start arguments to make you feel bad so they can feel good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I almost never argue with my boyfriend and when we do argue its playful and fun

1|1
    0|0
  • Everything solves with time just wait and see... or remember those times u guys were good together and try to be positive tell him to do the same and see how things work out

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would you litterally want to be around someone whom only wants to argue with you

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

1|1
    0|0
  • I would say yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • You should take some time for yourselves.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I'd leave

0|1
    0|2
  • yes i’d say so

0|0
    0|0
  • Um yeah. No one wants to argue all the time

0|0
    0|0
  • So early in the relationship and already going through this "bump"? Yeah, I doubt it'll work out if he feels like an enemy to you. The relationship already sounds like shit, I'd call it quits.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes