Last night, my boyfriend and I broke up, but he said I "still mean the world to him". What am I supposed to do with this?

We were hanging out and talking, and then all of a sudden, he says "Well how would you feel if I said I wanted to preserve our friendship?". I asked if he was breaking up with me, and he said " You mean the world to me, I can't lose you as a friend, but I'm just not in a place where I'm ready to date anyone, to make that connection after all, right now.". Then after one last make out session, we decide to be friends with benefits. After he dropped me off, I asked what now, now that we're broken up, he said "Well technically we're not broken up. We're just friends with benefits now." So... what do I do with all this?
3
0