Valtrex for cold sores?

So, my dad and I found a pill bottle in a box of his girlfriend's things when we helped move her into her new apartment. It was a bottle of valtrex and it had her ex boyfriend's name on it. My dad and I knew that valtrex was for herpes, so he asked her about it and she said it was for cold sores only? Yeah. But my dad didn't think that her ex would have been prescribed for valtrex just for cold sores. So, basically, he asked me to find out online. Long story short, do you think there's a chance that she lied and that she and her ex have herpes?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• she does have herpes, cold sores are herpes simplex 1. It's related to the herpes you know and hate (herpes simplex 2), but it's more commonly communicated by kissing or other close contact.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, Valtrex is very commonly given to people for cold sores. Cold sores are in the same family as herpes so it works very well for controling them.

• yes, it seems.