I have been dealing with this man for almost 4 years... I say “dealing” with because we were never in a relationship but we acted as if we were?

He told me the other day , which he has been saying for a while that he thinks it’s best if we don’t see each other and all that anymore... he knows I was really heart broken and has not spoke a word to me since? He says he is not dealing with anyone else but wants to move on so maybe he can without feeling guilty towards me.. I don’t understand why ! He says I’m a great girl , almost perfect girl friend and such but i mean if that’s the case then why? Why did he let it go on almost 4 years for it to come to this... I don’t really know how to feel.
2
1