Should I stop pursuing this girl? Is she letting me down slowly?

Wow... So I met this girl about three weeks ago, we immediately hit it off, called her the next day and she told me she was glad I didn't lose her number because she was looking forward to hearing from me. We set up a date a couple days later... It was amazing and I felt a strong connection( we hugged and talked for about 6 hours), she said she was uncomfortable with the fact she's so comfortable with me... SHE set up the second date. We made out for a while and said our goodbyes. The days before the date, she said she couldn't wait to see me and was thinking about me. The 2nd date came and we went out again and had a similar night. After the date I asked her to be exclusive but she didn't give me a straight answer and that we'd talk later in the week. I think I scared her off a bit The week went by and I asked her out and she didn't respond. Then, I kindly told her have a nice life and good luck. She urgently got back to me saying she wants to be friends first and she likes to take things slow and that we'd talk about it if I gave her some time. I called her about 5 days later and we talked for a while and she even made comments about meeting my friends. I asked her out tonight to go out later in the weekend and she just said we will see. I think she's letting me down slow but I can't tell. We're both in our late 20's and very mature. She has a daughter.

33

Most Helpful Guy

• just remember, you never know where you stand with a woman until you sleep with her. I think asking her to be exclusive before you sex her was a bad idea, also what the hell are you doing dating a girl with a kid? anyway, up to you but I doubt she has rejected you, maybe she is sussing you out for husband material since she probably wants someone to help her with her daughter

• I COMPLETELY disagree with everything this guy just said (other then the fact that she probably hasn't rejected you). He clearly doesn't understand women at all.

• Psh. No, believe it or not, there are so many women out there who thought the father of their children would be the one. Guess who walked out? Usually him. Do you know how hard it is to get over someone who you thought was the one? That leaves most chicks broken-hearted. In fact, if she's taking her time with him, it could be that she feels vulnerable and is slowly letting herself open up to him... Meaning she probably IS worth it, just like HE is! Geez, not all ladies are gold-diggers.

• The way I see it is if she has a kid the she had sex before so why is she not having sex with you? Most likely because she is trying to sus you out to see if you are going to be a provider or a fling. I guess if you don't care about taking care about dating someone with a kid who probably has a nice stretched out p**** already, go for it, personally I would not have any real relationship with them.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think she's given up on you, but yeah, you moved a little too quick for her. Remember that she's not just thinking about her wants/needs, but has to think on her daughter's behalf as well. If you feel she's worth it, take your time, keep it relaxed, and you'll gain her trust into thinking in more long-term.

• This. Also, she might want to take it slow because of being a single parent. If you're one of the first people she's dated, or the first, since her baby's father, she might be feeling vulnerable right now. Give her time. :-)

• It sounded like it went amazing! :) Yeah maybe asking her to be exclusive so soon did scare her off a bit. But yeah just take it slow be patient with her. Sound like you have a good thing going just don't rush things ;) good luck!

• i think she's scared and needs some time. In mean while, that doesn't mean you should stop seeing other girls. Go out, have fun, date other people. But at the same time, let her know that should she decide what she wants from you, to let you know. But I don't think you should pursue she anymore. let her come to you

What Guys Said 2

• how about an update on the story

• We are still talking and dating and taking it in stride. In the meanwhile I kept my options open and met another girl. With this new one, its purely physical attraction whereas with the original girl, it just seems right. I feel like it's going somewhere with the first one, I just have to be patient.

• No offence but I think girls like her are F***KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKED...how do you make out and go out then decide well .. "we should take our time". Fuck her, too bad she lost you! If you don't lose her prepare for other things as such!