Called me his ex wife's name. Stay or go?

Dating two months. I was married for six years and separated for four months. He was married for five years and separated for six months. He called me by her name during a discussion and another time on order to get me to come back into the room. Feel hurt. Stay or go ?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• People begin to link certain emotions with certain people. As long as he doesn't say it in a loving situation then its fine, like "you are the best 'ex-wife's name'" or what have you. I have a similar problem, every time I get frustrated I call my girlfriend by my best friend's name because he always frustrates the hell out of me

What Guys Said 3

• Lol DONT LEAVE over something small like that.

It depends on the manner when he said it. If he was saying it during a fight or a discussion then its because he is use to saying her name when he is stressing a point. its a reflex. I did it all the time to my sister even a year after I broke it off with my ex.

• i don't know you both got baggage I would stay

• Her name maybe a habit...

What Girls Said 2

• Get over it. We get used to using someone's name and it becomes a habit. It doesn't mean that he's thinking about her or wishes you were her or anything like that. It's more about the situation. It's like when you're a kid and you accidentally call your teacher "mom". I've had times when I've almost called boyfriends by my kid brother's name when they were being annoying. I've had many times when I've almost called them my ex's name in conversation, but its just because I'm so used to using my ex's name in those situations. You've only been with him for two months, the habit will likely go away and it doesn't *mean* anything.

• discuss it with him. it has been a short time since he has been seperated and he may still need more time to get over her. It's not like they have been seperated for 6 years and he is still thinking of her. It is understandable that he did really love her and it has not been that long since they broke up. Plus if they were married, they probably invested a lot in each other. I think you might just need to help him get away from her and help him see the difference between both of you. There is a song by a girl group called "Dream" and it's a song about the difference between her and his ex. She's trying to help him get to trust her and love her more, and to realize she is not his ex. maybe you just need to do that.