One week he likes me, one week he doesn't. It's starting to wear on me. Help?

I'd just really like to start this by asking someone if they can seriously help me with this. It's not some petty thing anymore, and it's starting to tamper with my physical well being...as in I can't sleep or eat and I get sick to my stomach... =/

I'll try to make this short. This boy has been off an on with me for about 2 months now. He'll text me a lot one week, not talk to me another week. He'll love what I have to say one week, then he'll berate me for what I say the next week. He ignores me one week, and doesn't the next. You know, just off an on like. He's bought me dinner, chocolate, called me pretty in his roundabout way. Walks me home and says he can't wait to hug me...so SOMETHING is there...

So I took my mothers' advice and cooled it for a bit. I took my energy out of the situation, focused on myself, and was okay. Until this weekend when I saw him again (we're all part of a big group of friends.)

Friday night he saw me and I tried to act cool like I wasn't fazed. But as soon as he walked into the room I felt so nauseous and sick. I really do like him, but I get very insecure when I'm not sure if the feeling is returned or not. Add on to that that I catch snippets of him talking about hi ex over and over and over again but they broke up a WHILE ago. (So my mom says for me to just wait for him to fully get over her, but I'm impatient so that's hard for me...plus I feel like I'm in some secret competition with her). But when I return home that Friday night he sends me a text that says "I'm glad I got to see you tonight." <<< WTF?

Saturday night/Sunday morning all of us go to a diner to get food. And he sits across from me and OF COURSE I can't eat because I feel so blegh about him. But he'd like play footsie with me, and playfully wrestle me to get the shotgun seat in in friends car. MEANWHILE him and his friend start rating EVERY girl who passes by, which to me is 1) RUDE 2) saddening because I was just sitting there listening to him calling other girls pretty the entire night...

After that I told him a button fell off of my coat and he sewed it back on for me...and according to my mom any guy who SEWS for you likes you. But then sometimes I feel VERY unliked.

I DON'T KNOW GIRLS. I hope you read this/understood it. Sometimes I just want to cry because the back and forth of it all is so jarring. Sometimes I just want to suck it up and be strong and say f*** him. Then sometimes I just want to not be so shy and maybe ask him on a date.

I'm not sure what to do. Please help. In ANY way. =/

52

Most Helpful Girl

• OMG I'm dealing with the same thing!

sadly, I can't take my own advice, because it's easier said then done, but here's some anyway :P

You could probably find a guy way better, who acts all sweet and nice EVERY week, and not stupid on and off crap! That's what I'm trying to do, it's hard when you like a guy though, so maybe if you cut off contact for a bit, I know you said you're in the same big group of friends, but maybe if you ask a few of those friends to do something WITHOUT him, that might help! I deleted the guy I'm crazy about, off everything I could, including his number out of my phone! Ignore the texts! Us girls are better then that, and I wish guys weren't so heartless, because he obviously hasn't thought about how it's making you feel, but then again he might not no you're into him!

What Guys Said 2

• You're allowed to have your own standards over what's acceptable. A guy that won't behave reasonably doesn't deserve to have your interest. You don't know whether you're coming or going because you let him do it to you. How he behaves towards you ought to be a factor in your interest. Blindly ignoring his inconsistent behavior is not going to make for happiness. get a grip!

• He likes you, but wants to keep himself open for attention from other girls. In brief, he doesn't know what he wants/is confused. That, or he's a player. But I'd say #1.

What Girls Said 4

• I definitely think he likes you and this sounds o so familiar to me and many other girls I'm sure. I know that this is probably going to be an answer you have already heard a lot and feels incredibly IMPOSSIBLE! but you really truly have to focus on yourself. When you start to make other things your priority it'll make the pain of him going back and forth just a little bit easier everyday. I'm going through the same thing and it really hurts days when I have just seen him or people ask me about him but I've been forcing my focus on school, working out, going to work, and making plans with my friends and I swear it helps alot. Live life, flirt with all kinds of boys, and make you your priority. I've been singin Kelly Pickler's "Red High Heels" to myself a lot lately. Be strong girl and remeber that even if he's not meant to be the guy there is another one out there who's crazy about you!

• Yeah, I agree with the previous answer. It sounds like he likes you, but is super fickle. Wants to leave himself open for other girls, but does have you on the back burner for the attention. What do you want from the situation? Think about that, and then decide if you should pursue it or drop it.

• Imagine the possibilities of frustration if you actually get with this guy..is it worth it?

• I have the same problem, Sister.