I am confused about my cheating ex?

I still love him. I do want to be with him, but he hurt my terribly. The last time we talked, he told me how he is taking time to work on himself and has deleted all his social media and is trying to focus on his inner self and get himself in a better place emotionally and mentally and spiritually. He wants to find what’s important to him and focus on that. He told me when he’s in a better place, he hopes I can be a part of his life. At the time i agreed there could be a possibility, but after a few days of reflection I realized he humiliated me too much and I couldn’t be in his life. He told me he understood, and then i went on telling him how wrong he was and how it wasn’t my fault he cheated (he originally blamed me for making him miserable - saying I didn’t trust him and so he did bad things). However. I am confused. Maybe it is too soon for me to make a decision. It’s only been 3 months since I found out. We had tried to get back together and it ended horribly. Is it truly possible for him to change?
I am confused about my cheating ex?
Add Opinion