I'm ready to have a baby and not in a serious relationship, should I ask him?

So I'm 38, divorced two years ago and have been dating this great guy for 7 months. Well things are going great except he is moving back to his home state to be closer to his kids. I'm 38 and hear my clock ticking as if it were at max volume. He is a great guy and great dad to his kids. I'm ready to have a baby but with him moving away it's not going to happen and I don't want to jump into a new relationship and be like... Hi, nice to meet you let's have a baby. Sounds crazy, but like I said I'm ready! I'm ok with raising it on my own and am financially stable. I've been thinking of asking my boyfriend to get me pregnant before he moves away. I would do like a no strings attached, your not responsible kind of legal letter so it doesn't obligate him in anyway. Is this a bad idea? Am I crazy? Will he think I'm crazy? Help!!
3
2