Do guys give girls second chances?

I was talking with a guy I just recently became friends with and we talked for about a month and had sleepovers/hooked up a few times (nothing past making out). We hung out all the time too. He told me that he was also taking with another girl because he didn't think I was that interested in him most the time and that I didn't see a future...but honestly I did. I was just really nervous most the times I was with him, and he made me feel amazing. We decided a few days ago to just be friends and let him see where things go with the other girl he was taking to. It's super hard for me because I know I still really like him, but we do make good friends. I see him every weekend because he is in my group of friends. Do you think in the future he could maybe give me another try if we still liked each other/starting liking each other again? And I proved to him I wanted something more?

11

What Guys Said 1

• I always give girls chances, unless she did something completely inappropriate.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think you should look at it as "proving" something. That always ends up coming across as desperate and trying to hard. You were smart to let him give things a go with another girl though. But not because you didn't do enough, but because if a guy isn't focused on wanting something with just you, he's not worth your time. If a guy told me he didn't see a future with me and wanted to give this other girl a try, I'd immediately be done with it. Even if I still had some feelings, you have to have enough respect for yourself to walk. He'll be more likely to want you again as well if you don't trail behind trying to win his attentions back from this girl.