An ex sent me a hate mail

he bashed me calling me names (dirtbag, whore, easy) telling me to cut all contact with him. and he's saying the whole place knows what a dirtbag I am because he's the one spreading it. what should I do? should I confront him? pls help

it doesn't matter what I do. its getting complicated with all the lies, using and backstabbing between friends. we all work together. the boss is getting nosy. how should I kill it?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Well sit back and let him start all the drama. In an work environment you don't want to be the one that feeds wood into the fire. So sit back and let him be bitter and a drama queen. No on has to believe what he says and if your boss is getting involved I would just avoid the ex and try to stay focused on work. That is what you are there to do. By you trying to plead your case and defending yourself, you will just show that all those words not only hurt you but how immature you both are in the workplace.

What Guys Said 3

• Confrontation would be the absolute worst thing you could do. You'd lose, guaranteed.

Best ignore it. Save your dignity.

If you confront him, it would only serve to substantiate the rumors in other people's minds.

There's something worse than hate; disdain.

Disdain removes the humanity from whomever it's directed toward.

Disdain him.

• what he is saying and things that he is saying to other people are horrible and wrong. it sounds like you hurt him bad. but it should still be something between the 2 of you. what is it that you did?

• Sounds like you really hurt him. Guys just don't lash out like that. You must have done something to provoke this.

• Yea but what should I do

• Well what did you do

• Own up to what you did. Stop brushing it off. Women can never be wrong or apologize for anything, it's always our fault.

What Girls Said 1

• ask how how it's cutting contact when he's the one sending hate mail when you're minding your own business