In your experience, is it almost easier to have an "ugly" break up? Does it benefit you in the long run?

Up until recently every relationship I'd been in had ended "ugly" regardless of who ended it-- yelling, arguing, frustrations shared, "I hate you's" exchanged. I looked back on those experiences with regret and often wondered if it would've been better had we just accepted that things didn't work out and moved on. With that in mind, when my most recent relationship ended I behaved the total opposite-- I was calm, composed, no yelling, and I told her I still loved her. Except now, I almost feel worse! I don't hate her by any means, but I am angry. I want her to know how much she hurt me, how disrespected I feel. It's almost like while those post-relationship blow ups were ugly, they at least gave me closure and a sense of "ok it's over." So, in your experience is it better to have an ugly break up where you vent all of your frustrations and never speak to them again or one that ends amicably but you don't get to express how you truly feel? Does the amicable break up feel better in the long run and this is just a time period I have to work through? Does breaking up amicably leave the door open to rekindle in the future?
2
0