Should I give him a second chance?

I am trying to decide if I should give a guy a second chance. A little background: We dated for about two months. I was ready for a relationship, but he wasn’t. I also think I started moving a little too fast for him (in terms of the relationship, not sex). We decided to try being just friends and, then I find out he began a relationship with someone else about two weeks after we agreed to be just friends. When I asked him about it, he said they had been seeing each other for a while and decided they wanted to give it a go. We texted for a little bit, trying to stay friends, but it wasn’t the same so we stopped contacting each other. I got a couple texts from him here and there wanting to hook up, but I was seeing someone and not interested in that type of relationship with him and told him so. Flash to now. I am seeing someone (going on 3 months) but I’ve been thinking about breaking up with him for a couple weeks now. Out of the blue, I get a text from the other guy. Apparently he is seeing someone but is thinking of breaking up with her because it just isn’t right. He tells me how happy he was when we were together, how he misses me, and how he is ready for a relationship and wants to start over. The only issue we had when we were seeing each other was I was ready, and he wasn’t. It felt so right when we were together though. I am thinking of breaking it off with the other guy (since I had pretty much decided I was going to do that anyway) and just take it really slow with him. He said he would be fine with taking things slow; he has realized he is ready to settle down. Should I give him a second chance?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• I say go for it if you both aren't happy with the people you're currently with. Relationships are scary for guys, even though we like you it is still a big commitment. I would stick to your plan of taking it slow. Don't start explaining how great things will be when you're married with children in the first few months lol, just let things happen.

What Guys Said 1

• Why are you asking us? Do you want to, or not? He was trying to hook up with you before, but now he says he wants a relationship? Sounds like he might just be trying to get in your pants. But this isn't something you should expect people to tell you based on a few sentences.

What Girls Said 2

• I say go for it :D

He seems to be into you and was probably a little worried about your relationship. Only if you have feelings for him though.

• Totally! Seems that he regrets everything, or maybe he was just scared of how things were serious between you two and he couldn't handle that. If I were you I would give it a try. Don't live your life askin "what if" :)