I've found out my ex is self harming what do I do?

So me and my ex broke up about a week ago now, i broke up with him but it was nothing against him!! I still love him but im going to uni in a few weeks!! And i didn't want to risk hurting him by cheating by accident, because stufr happens at ubi, anyway he was heartbroken! I even felt bad doing it! But anyway i used to self harm but not anymore, anyway he started wearing long sleved tops and was becoming really subdued and depressed so i asked him about it!! He was evasive about the situation! But i pushed it and made him tell me whats going on! I know he is broken up about the break up but there was more anyway after a good hour of talking he showed me why he wears long sleved tops! he's got big bandage patches covering cuts! And before everyone says it was for attention he was more than reluctant to tell me!! I made him! Anyway he told me he dont know what to do now he doesn't see me anymore! He told me how he thinks about me! And hw wants me to be happy! He gave me a hug and walked away head in hands!! I felt like i should be the one giving hugs but it felt so weird that way round, i love him so much but i dont want hurt him if i fuck up whilst im away! But he's already hurt himself! Would it be wrong to ask him back out!! Or do i walk away and leave it alone, knowing he's hurting himself because he's not coping!!
I've found out my ex is self harming what do I do?
Add Opinion