"A girl will always forgive & forget" But she'll never let you forget that she has forgiven & forgotten! WHY?

Any good reason ladies?!?

62

Most Helpful Girl

• A girl will forgive you because she loves you and she wants you to work things out, but she will find it hard to forget because it hurt her, but she shouldn't bring it up in an argument to throw it back in your face that's wrong! You either forgive someone or you don't, move on

What Girls Said 5

• A girl doesn't always forgive and forget. I think if you truly forgive a guy for something you won't bring it up in the future~ it's not that she has forgotten it, but forgotten to care about that mistake.

I agree with cocopops that a girl will forgive you because she wants to work things out but at the same time she won't let it totally go because it hurt her.

She will bring up the "forgiven and forgotten" because she is not actually over the situation itself and she will never forget how you hurt her. She might bring up the bad sitiuation that happened (that she had supposedly forgiven and forgotten) in a fight, which leads the guy to believe she hasn't forgiven him which either she has or hasn't, but she will want to remind a guy of his mistake or whatever he did wrong in the time that she is found to be in the wrong. To compare the two situations, showing that you did worse.

• And what about guys? Do you think they do the same thing? Bringing up the forgiven and forgotten?

• Hmm well I'm not a guy! So it's hard to say...but I would think that it really depends on the situation. I think if it was something small, the guy might find it hard to forgive but will easily forget it. But if his girlfriend cheated on him, hard to forgive and hard to forget of course. In my opinion, I don't think a boyfriend would bring up the forgiven and forgotten...it just seems guys would forget things easily.

• There's no such thing as forgetting. Forgiving, yes.

• It's because they forgave, but they really didn't forget.

• dont hate me for this but I don't forgive and forget

i just try to let it slide and ignore it and bring it up next time

it doesn't make sense why I would forgive everyone for hurting my feelings when I've done nothing...why should I let you guys go? so now I'm suppose to let you keep doing the same thing and keep hurting me? if you did it enough times I'm gonna just accept the fact that your a jerk and that's why you do. so now I can't get mad...cause I saw it coming

its just hard to let someone hurt you and pretend it didn't happen

we just say it to make the guys feel better..but I refuse to say it to make them feel better when I'm hurting more. I'm not a bitch...i will risk/ do a lot for someone to be happy. I put people ahead of me..but being taken advantage for that is not cool

• Hmmmm my advice..try to forgive others so others may forgive u..u are also a human being..mistakes happen !! part of life...

• because you made a mistake, you hurt her. and she might have said she's forgiven and forgotten, but deep down, she's still hurting over it. And because she's hurting, she's going to make you hurt too

What Guys Said 2

• Exactly. You do something wrong, you feel horrible about it.. Not female induced, but your conscience just tells you that it was wrong. You say sorry over and over and show the other person how bad it hurt you as well to say it. But it's always brought up in conversation, it's always somehow intertwined. Also because you screwed up and apologized for what you did, now they feel entitled to do things that p*ss you off and that you repeatedly ask them not to do. They do this because what you did to them was really mean, and they feel entitled to just not observe simple common courtesies because you didn't. It's never ending.

• this actually goes with my current girlfriend too. I don't know why she does it, part of me believes that its always hanging in the back of her mind but another part of me believes she's just doing it to get a reaction? I don't know, all I know is that girls hold grudges muuuuch much longer than guys do haha